Sitec have an exciting opportunity for a Composite Infusion Capability Engineer to work for our client based in Bristol on an estimated 6 month contract initially.
Role Purpose of the Composite Infusion Capability Engineer:
- To lead and develop a team of engineers in Digital Manufacturing sub-capability area
- To provide technical input and/or act as technical lead for programmes/projects.
Can you take actions within the following:
- Customer delivery:
- Work with customer to understand their requirements: distil from conversation or a statement of requirements the activities required
- Plan out the activities in a logical way showing an understanding of quality/cost/time
- Workout who the stakeholders are/need to be and communicate in a manner that meets their expectations
- Specifically to the technical area:
- Develop a forming and/or infusion strategy for a complex part
Practically deliver, either by yourself and/or with others, the infusion to the standards required
Document processes & report on these
- Project Management:
- Review work & ensure quality output within the time & cost bounds
- Deliver the project output in collaboration with the project manager and customer
Experience in the following:
- Thermoset and Thermoplastic processes
- Foaming and micro-composites moulding
- Infusion capability/strategy
- Resin Transfer Moulding (RTM) and Resin Infusion (RI); dry fibre
- Knowledge and experience of working with a variety of composite manufacturing skills including hand lay-up, pre-pregging, double-diaphragm hot forming, in- and out- of autoclave curing and composite machining
Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and we can only consider candidates on a PAYE or Umbrella basis.
Please submit an application or make contact to discuss Composite Infusion Capability Engineer role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.