Sitec has a requirement for a Compliance Analyst to work for our client - Caterpillar - in Desford, Leicestershire.
This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months.
The Compliance Analyst is responsible for managing daily Customs compliance activity to ensure Caterpillar parts and product flow across international borders in compliance with Customs regulatory requirements.
In addition, this role will ensure Customs compliance requirements are met for Caterpillar through a risk management and controls environment.
The Trade Compliance Analyst activities include but are not limited to:
* Certification of Caterpillar produced parts to free trade rules of origin, managing free trade certificate database, managing Customs brokers,
* Tariff classification assignment, reporting of trade compliance KPI's, transactional review to determine areas of risk,
* Development and maintenance of controlled process documentation, management of core trade compliance data, management of Customs record-keeping requirements where applicable,
* Analyze and determine duty opportunities, management of duty drawback program, draft responses to Customs government inquiries, and prepare analysis and material for review with supervisor on Customs legal reviews.
* Manage day to day compliance activity of brokers and freight forwarders of material flow in and out of a country.
* Address inquiries from Customs agencies, resolve Customs exams, address anti-dumping duty issues, file post entry adjustments including protests, review valuation issues including assists, and oversee periodic transaction testing audits.
* Assist in the facilitation of information between Caterpillar and Customs governmental officials for both written communication and meetings.
* Support the Foreign Trade Zones ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and timely reporting to customs.
* Requires a college degree in a business related field 3+ years of trade compliance experience.
* A strong understanding of international supply chain, both physical flow and data flow including ocean carriers, air carriers, freight forwarders, and Customs brokers is essential.
* Also a strong analytical ability with proven track record of continuous process improvement activities.
* Ability to simplify, translate and communicate complex concepts. Understanding of risk management and controls environment and an understanding of Inco Terms
* Understanding of other government agency importing requirement
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.