Sitec has a requirement for a Communications Officer for our aerospace client based in Bristol.
This is a contract position for 6 months, with an extension very likely.
The max rate of pay will be up to £14.50 p/hr PAYE.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Head of Communications UK RAU, the Communications Officer will be responsible for pro-active media engagement on behalf of Commercial Aircraft, for our client in the UK.
The primary focus is on Bristol pro-active communication and you will work closely with the Head of Communication and the UK Media Manager to deal with reactive media enquiries, ensuring responses are aligned to corporate messaging and lines to take.
The Communications Officer will plan and deliver internal communication strategies and plans in support of our clients UK communication strategy. The primary focus will be to support the promotion of and engagement in their UK Charity Challenge scheme and associated activities across Broughton and Filton sites.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Contribute to the effective management of Commercial media relations activities, proactive and reactive, with measurable results. This includes managing media visits in-line with various processes and ways of working, and supporting media activities led by Toulouse and London
* Produce high-quality communications products - including speeches, LTT, briefing documents, Tweets and press releases - which are fully aligned with corporate stances on various topics.
* Help oversee and lead management of the clients UK Twitter account, ensuring a network of contributors is identified and contributing effectively.
* Responsible for ensuring all internal communications activities relating to the Charity Challenge scheme in the UK are planned and delivered
* Produce content for the full range of internal communication tools and will explore opportunities to enhance and add to the toolkit where possible (e.g. apps)
* Work in partnership with colleagues in internal communication, external communication and community relations to ensure content management in the UK is aligned and coordinated
* Experience of dealing with both internal and external communications
* Excellent interpersonal skills - adaptable, flexible and able to communicate with people at all levels both inside and outside of the organisation
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.