Sitec has a requirement for a Commodity Manager for our client based in Portsmouth. The role is for an estimated 12 months and the max rate of pay is up to £35.00 p/hr LTD Company.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Our client is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. They offer the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats.
Our client is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, they provide the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our clients people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place.
Taking pride in their work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Their diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Commodity Manager has arisen within for the site in Portsmouth. Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Define, develop, implement and manage a commodity strategy for equipment sourcing, including risk management, to optimizing the value for money to meet the requirements of the internal business lines. This shall be achieved through a Multi-Functional Team (MFT) approach
- Manage the overall business relationship with suppliers
- Define and lead the supplier selection process
- Manage the contracting phase or the sourcing phase and monitor global supplier performance
- Monitor / evaluate global supplier performance, and lead development plans with suppliers
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
- Leads and contributes to Procurement/ Value Creation projects & initiatives that aim at delivering the synergies and savings
- Lead the sourcing phase and supplier selection process
- Provide equipment supply cost commitments to business proposals
- Lead supplier negotiation for his / her Commodity
- Lead Multi-Functional Teams (MFT) for the commodity including improvement and cost-saving initiatives with supplier and specification optimisation
- Develop market intelligence and maintain database
- Establish, implement & monitor a Commodity strategy
- Set-up and negotiate contractual agreements, with Procurement Contract support, including one-offs or spot buying or amendments, including waiver and claim management
- Lead Supplier Evaluation Development (SED) and Vendor Management, manage suppliers relationship and defines action plan to develop strategic suppliers
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Commodity and / or equipment procurement or project management in space environment
- Supplier Sourcing and selection
- Contract negotiation
- Supplier development and relationships
- Understand RF Payload architecture and associated technical drivers (not essential)
- Interpersonal skills to drive projects within a cross-functional environment
- Proactive attitude
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic thinking
SECURITY: Candidates should have a background to enable a clearance to BPSS level
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.