Sitec has a requirement for a Commodity Manager for our client based in Portsmouth. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months. The max rate of pay is up to £35.00 p/hr LTD Company.
This business unit is a transnational organization with substantial footprints in all four founding countries and beyond; they are highly operational and directly impact the full spectrum of Defence and Space programmes including influence on nearly 80% of Airbus revenues; with an external reach of more than 10,000 active suppliers.
Employing over 1200 professionals worldwide, Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics offers opportunities to expand on experiences and grow. Professionals across project supply, commodity management, contracts expertise, supply chain operations or logistics management, the procurement team uses collective intelligence and maximizes synergies to continuously improve and deliver results.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
This vacancy is for a Commodity Manager within strategic procurement.
As a Commodity Manager, you are a vital part in the procurement and supply chain community. You are in charge of securing supplier lines, to deliver value for money and to develop structured relationships with key suppliers.
The main responsibility is to develop and execute a strategy for your commodity which includes supplier evaluation, supplier financial analysis, risk management, make or buy analyses, negotiations and long-term contract establishment with suppliers. You will develop a solid working knowledge of certain commodity trends including: cost drivers, global pricing, market and industry trends and material lead times to maintain availability of cost-effective supplies of materials, equipment and services.
Commodity management requires a strategic and robust plan to ensure that both value and risk is managed correctly, and innovation is encouraged. The role of a commodity manager is very complex and it has to be undertaken by someone who is capable of understanding markets, the supply chain and how the business works. You will work with Multifunctional Teams - MFT (with members from different functions like e.g. Engineering, Finance, PMO, Quality etc.) to secure the successful management of your Commodity.
Your commodity will be Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Services procurement. You will work with established worldwide operating providers such as Iberia, Sabena Technics, FlyBe, Air Nostrum and as well with local champions that need to be industrially developed. You will not only work with Airbus' own a/c portfolio (A400M, MRTT, C295 etc.) but also with a/c from other manufacturers.
With your work, you will contribute to the expansion of our successful military a/c fleet and related services, which is a vital part of Airbus Defence and Space growth strategy.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Establish, implement & monitor a Commodity strategy for your perimeter
* Manage supplier relationships
* Lead the (Sub-) Commodity Multi-Functional Team
* Lead the bid, tender and supplier selection process
* Lead and contribute to Procurement/ Value Creation projects & initiatives that aim at delivering synergies and savings
* Lead negotiations with supplier to assure program expectations are meet
* Set-up and negotiate contractual agreements with suppliers
* Lead Supplier Evaluation Development (SED) and Vendor Management, and define action plans to develop strategic suppliers
* Degree in Engineering, Business Management or equivalent
* Proven experience in activities which have allowed you to acquire sound skills and knowledge of:
- Project Management
* Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to persuade, influence and convince
* Experience of working in a matrix environment with proven record of successful stakeholder management
* Able to anticipate, assess and mitigate risks
* Excellent skills in relationship building, team building, empowering, motivating others and conflict management
* Negotiation level of English
* Knowledge of SAP would be an asset
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.