Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval / Marine Engineering and Support Services industry and are seeking a Commissioning Engineer (Electrical and Control) to be based at Portsmouth Naval base on a contract basis for an estimated 3 months initially.
Competitive rate on offer.
The Surface Ships Systems & Equipment business sector is currently seeking a site based PLC Commissioning Engineer to work with electrical and control systems. The work will be based in Portsmouth however time may also be spent at other of our client's offices and those of the customer.
Main activities and responsibilities will include:
* Testing and commissioning of PLC and drive systems
* Fault finding and remedial work
* Implementation of site modifications (software and hardware)
* Liaise between our client's site and office teams
* Interfacing of control systems.
* Liaison at all levels with customers.
Brief Person Specification:
Successful candidates will be highly motivated and organised, with a structured approach to working, and capable of working in and leading a team environment. Candidates will possess excellent communication skills, enabling effective liaison with other engineering disciplines, and with the client at a high level. Knowledge of the GE range of PLCs and Control Techniques drives would be an advantage.
Candidates must be familiar with working in a naval, secure environment and fully understand the requirements relating to information and physical security. All candidates must comply with Babcock's codes of conduct and business ethics, health & safety and computer usage policies.
Candidates must have SC clearance.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
* Excellent knowledge of on-site electrical installation, cabling and safety.
* Experience of commissioning, maintaining and fault finding of PLC and drive based controls systems
* A qualification to at least HNC level, with a minimum of three years relevant experience.
* A good knowledge and understanding of PLC and safety system architectures and software for plant control.
* Understanding of HMI and / or SCADA applications for plant control.
* Understanding of networking and communications principles.
* A good knowledge and understanding of PWM Variable Speed Drive technology.
Due to the nature of our clients business candidates must have a background to undergo a UK security check.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.