Sitec has exciting opportunities for Commercial Officers for our client within the public sector. These are contract roles, initially for 12 months. Please note there are positions available for sites in Fareham, Hampshire OR for their site in Salisbury, Wiltshire.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLES
Job Title: Commercial Officers
IR35 Status: In-side IR35 (see below)
Daily Pay Rate: £356.27 Umbrella and £283.68 PAYE (Base on experience)
Location: Fareham or Salisbury
Our client is responsible for designing, developing and applying the very latest in science and technology for the benefit of UK defence and security, across government. We work with the best people with the best ideas around the world - from very small companies to world-class universities, large defence companies and sometimes other nations.
Our client seeks Commercial Officers to provide procurement support to multiple areas of their business, whilst supporting the development of effective contractual relationships with external supplier base. Successful candidates will be required to place Research contracts in line with company commercial policy. The requirements will be varied and require an understanding of defence procurement policy to ensure a fair and compliant process is followed at all times.
* Providing procurement and commercial service [within delegated authority limits] ensuring contracts and suppliers meet the clients requirements for operational and contractual delivery.
* Managing procurements through the development and implementation of effective contracts with appropriate suppliers, considering internal needs and supply market characteristics.
* Using a range of EU compliant procurement routes and tools as appropriate.
* Developing market and commodity intelligence, making use of internal and external data.
* Making use of effective procurement approaches and processes.
* Providing direct support and advice as appropriate, including acting as the 'advisor' on issues such as commercial approaches, evaluation processes and negotiation strategies.
* Developing strong relationships with stakeholders in order to fully understand their needs
* Using a range of supplier performance monitoring techniques to ensure business objectives are being achieved.
* Developing an understanding of the external supplier base supporting the Divisions.
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS REQUIRED:
Contracting knowledge required
* Domain Knowledge
* Contracting and procurement in the Defence and Security Environment.
* Contracting for research.
* Working knowledge of DSPCR and/or PCR.
* OJEU Experience would be beneficial
Experience & Skills Essential
* Knowledge of EU Regulations
* Contract management
* Experience of managing many stakeholders to provide resolutions to contractual issues.
* Experience of successfully delivering effective supply chain management.
* Excellent communication skills.
* The ability to engage in robust negotiations while simultaneously building respect and strong relationships.
* Experience of ensuring consistent and high quality commercial responses to contract and tender enquiries, balanced with meeting situational deadlines.
* A flexible and resourceful approach with experience of identifying and securing win-win situations through effective influencing.
Successful applicants will need a background to enable a security clearance to SC level. This must be held when starting this assignment.
IR35 Advertising Guidelines
Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.