Sitec are currently recruiting for a company who specialise in the Nuclear industry and are seeking a Commercial Officer to be based in their offices in North Bristol on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
Skills and Experience required for the Commercial Officer:
- Experience of Projects working as Main Contractor / Tier 2 is preferred in any one of the following sectors: defence, power and process, oil and gas, utilities, nuclear, construction, transmission and distribution.
- Specific Form of contract: Experience using the NEC suite of contract documents and specifically change management, subcontract management and the management of contracts from contract award to final account would be ideal but not essential.
- Finance : A good understanding of cost models/business models in relation to NEC, familiarity with accounting practices, commercial audits, forecasting and valuations (again desirable but not essential).
- Legal: A good understanding of contract terms and conditions.
- General: Good excel/word/power-point skills and be an enthusiastic and flexible team member with positive attitude.
Responsibilities of the Commercial Officer:
- Provide commercial support to the New Build Commercial function being responsible for a range of commercial activities (bid governance, reviews, contract management, change management, compensation event etc.)
- Drafting / input to requisite bid papers and taking through internal governance any new opportunities / significant changes.
- Report to Senior Commercial Officer.
- Assist in management of the commercial and contractual aspects with the customer and ensuring compliance within the required corporate governance and approvals.
- Assist with applications for Payment, managing customer payments certificates including challenging any reductions / withholding notices.
- Assisting with Change Management, including.
- Compensation events
- Early Warning Notices
- Other Notices under the Contract
- KPI assessment
- Attend Risk Reduction meetings
- Respond to customer Project Managers Instructions
- Maintain change management registers
- Attendance and commercial input to client project meetings as required.
- Monitoring and interpreting weekly and monthly reports with the customer and ensure all actions are carried out as appropriate and matters are recorded.
- Input to contracting strategy and project execution plan.
- Gain an understanding of any head contract terms and conditions and how these flow down to the Subcontract supply chain, in order to eliminate/reduce risk during the pre-contract period.
Candidates must have a background to enable them to obtain UK Security Clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.