Sitec are currently recruiting for our client for a Commercial Officer to work on a 6 month contract. This role will be based at Aztec West, Bristol.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COMMERCIAL OFFICER:
The Commercial Officer will be required to:
* Provide commercial support to the New Build Commercial function being responsible for a range of commercial activities (bid governance, reviews, contract management, change management, compensation event etc.)
* Drafting / input to requisite bid papers and taking through internal governance any new opportunities / significant changes.
* Assist in management of the commercial and contractual aspects with the customer and ensuring compliance within the required corporate governance and approvals.
* Assist with applications for Payment, managing customer payments certificates including challenging any reductions / withholding notices
* Assisting with Change Management, including
- Compensation events,
- Early Warning Notices
- Other Notices under the Contract
- KPI assessment,
- Attend Risk Reduction meetings
- Respond to customer Project Managers Instructions
- Maintain change management registers
* Attendance and commercial input to client project meetings as required
* Monitoring and interpreting weekly and monthly reports with the customer and ensure all actions are carried out as appropriate and matters are recorded.
* Input to contracting strategy and project execution plan
* Gain an understanding of any head contract terms and conditions and how these flow down to the Subcontract supply chain, in order to eliminate/reduce risk during the pre-contract period.
* Experience of Projects working as Main Contractor / Tier 2 is preferred in any one of the following sectors: defence, power and process, oil and gas, utilities, nuclear, construction, transmission and distribution.
* Specific Form of contract: Experience using the NEC suite of contract documents and specifically change management, subcontract management and the management of contracts from contract award to final account would be ideal but not essential.
* Finance : A good understanding of cost models/business models in relation to NEC, familiarity with accounting practices, commercial audits, forecasting and valuations (again desirable but not essential)
* Legal: A good understanding of contract terms and conditions
General/ Personal attributes:
* Good excel/word/power-point skills
* Be an enthusiastic and flexible team member with positive attitude
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.