Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Officer for our client within the public sector, at their site in Salford. This is a contract role, for an estimated 6 months initially.
HMRC as the tax authority has introduced a change into the way intermediaries who use Personal service companies (PSC) account for their personal taxation and NICS. This change results from HMRC understanding that PSCs are used as a device for individuals who would otherwise be classed as employees and pay PAYE and NICs to avoid or limit this liability leading to a potential loss to the Exchequer of £YY per year.
To assist in this effort we require two Commercial officers for a period of six months to assist in completing the post IR 35 review activity, sourcing activity to take account in a potential shift in requirements and to regularise more of the existing arrangements and to relieve pressure on other team members to take back owed time, catch up on missed training and complete internal reviews that will enable developments aligned with Organisational design.
These two posts would be Contingent Labour and in our view the roles would be appropriate for IR35 testing and should they operate via a PSC then IR35 rules would require the payer to deduct tax and NICS at source.
KEY TASKS AND DELIVERABLES:
* Supporting the Sourcing and Category Leadership teams to develop and maintain a pipeline of opportunities and known sourcing activity
* Support development of the team SDM to deliver the relevant aspects of the Commercial Directorate Business strategy and maximise VFM
* Provide support to Senior/ Sourcing Specialist, teams and support compilation of the following:
- Specifications/ business requirements development
- Pre-market engagement
- Approval and governance of PSCR and business cases
- Undertake compliance checks and due diligence
- Invitations to Tender (ITT)
- Cost model
- Evaluation process
- Contracts, including T&Cs
- Benefits identification and reporting
- Build in-life management provision and capacity
- Risk management
* Work with stakeholders providing advice/guidance to ensure their business strategies take account of market developments, are compliant and deliver value for money
* Work in partnership with legal and other specialist resources
* Co-ordinate and support business level reporting, dashboards and key metrics
* Support the development, maintenance and operation of standard sourcing policies, processes and systems and contributing to continuous improvement
* Maintain SAP Ariba to ensure data is populated and processes followed to facilitate accurate reporting and measurement
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
* Reporting to the Senior Sourcing Specialist deliver end-to-end sourcing processes for a range of goods/services
* Deliver sourcing events in line with EU and UK procurement law and ethical practices
* Support delivery of the HMRC Business Strategy and CD SDM
* Support the Sourcing Category Interface Lead deliver effective Pipeline planning
* Maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and suppliers on all procurement activity within their portfolio and report progress on status
* Senior Sourcing Specialists/ Assistant Directors
* Category Management Team
Ability to provide sourcing support for a comprehensive procurement service delivering compliant, yet innovative solutions, and maximising value for money by:
* Delivering a portfolio of sourcing activity
* Providing support to establish and maintain supplier relationships and manage and influence sourcing processes
* Supporting the Senior Sourcing Specialist in implementing, applying and enforcing compliance to sourcing policies and processes
* Deploying sourcing events so that HMRC can optimise the value in the competitive market place
* Supporting delivery against the sourcing pipeline through early engagement with Lines of Business and advise/guide the business in the development of 'fit for purpose' specifications
* Engaging effectively with the market to inform current or future procurement strategies
* Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships to support delivery of effective Pipeline planning and informing future commercial strategies
* Working closely with internal and external stakeholders and Commercial colleagues to identify and support implementation of initiatives in support of HMRC and Cabinet Office targets and reduce exposure to risk
INFORMATION REGARDING IR35 STATUS / RATE OF PAY
Please note, this role is declared IN-SCOPE of IR35. Please see below for additional information regarding IR35 guidelines and also the rates on offer.
*IR35 guidelines -
* If deemed inside IR35 - Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
* If deemed outside IR35 - Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will not apply to this assignment.
Rates - Upto:-
£241.00 Umbrella company p/day
£192.86 PAYE p/day
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.