Sitec are currently looking to recruit Commercial Managers for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The contracts are due to run until the end of March 2019 and are paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately dual nationals will not be considered for these positions.
The focus of this role is on drafting, negotiation and pre-contract work establishing a working framework with our client's customer(s) - not on contract delivery & execution.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Provision of clear guidance and expertise to the business on contractual requirements.
- Champion a contract management and compliance mind-set rigour within Finance and Business Management and also across the business to drive value creation and contractual compliance.
- Ensuring bids comply with regulatory, governance and legislative matters.
- Identify and escalate threats to the Management and Operations (M&O) and Non MO Contracts to the contract performance team.
- Application of lifecycle contract management processes.
- Develop and maintain commercial performance tools and processes to measure delivery against contracts.
- All - Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management.
Competencies and Minimum Proficiency Levels
Title Minimum Proficiency Level
- Key Controls Working
- Data Reporting & Analysis Working
- Performance Analysis Working
- Project Planning Basic
- Requirements Management Working
- Risk, Issue & Opportunity Management Working
- Customer Management Extensive
- Optioneering Working
- Long Range Planning Basic
- Specific business systems, tools & techniques Working
- Conduct EVM Basic
- Independence Assurance Working
- Contract Negotiation Working
- Contract Drafting Working
- Contract Management & Administration Working
- Pricing Methodologies Working
Qualifications and/or Professional Memberships
- Degree educated or appropriate professional qualification or equivalent experience
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Effective relationship management at all levels with key internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Good facilitation, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills and effectiveness to manage priorities in a multi task role delivering to challenging timescales
- Ability to make sound decisions and to challenge.
- Well-developed skills in the use of a variety of computerised business software to support business needs.
- Ability to identify, use and monitor the key controls to manage performance and ensure the effective monitoring and application of controls and exception reporting.Essential Experience
- Experience in a commercial, systems engineering or financial role with the ability to understand and apply relevant pricing methods to minimise risk and maximise value for money.
- Experience in leading contractual performance management on commercial contracts of varying scales and complexities.
- Experience of stakeholder management and relationship development.
- Experience of using benchmarking techniques and analysis of financial and business data.
- Experience of negotiating and handling secure government contracts and a knowledge of the legislative matters relating to them.
- Experience in improving commercial processes and procedures to enable compliance assessment and formal change control.
- Experience of identifying and mitigating risks to commercial contracts.
- Significant experience using a variety of tools and templates in the delivery of commercial contracts, IP, PIER, compliance or insurance portfolio.
- Experience and ability to identify and assess viability of options to address a business problem or opportunity using a structured methodology.
- Basic appreciation of the use of EVM
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.