Sitec are currently recruiting for Cavendish Nuclear a wholly owned subsidiary of the Babcock group and are currently seeking a Commercial Manager to be based in their Newbury Berkshire office on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
Principal Tasks & Responsibilities of the Commercial Manager:
* Experience in a commercial, financial or a compliance role. An added advantage would be experience of secure government contracts and knowledge of the legislative matters relating to them
* Assessment of contractual entitlement of payment applications, certification, variations and deductions/disallowances for both main contracts and subcontracts
* Review, management and drafting of commercial correspondence
* Experience of reviewing/challenging estimates
* Supporting the Commercial Managers in their day-today role
* Experience in leading contractual performance management
* Ability to identify, assess, and mitigate commercial risks
* Excellent relationship management skills with demonstrable experience in developing robust relationships with customers and stakeholders both internal and external
* Experience in commercial process improvement
* Ability to identify, use and monitor key controls to manage performance
* Ability to make sound decisions and to challenge the customer where appropriate
* Well-developed skills in the use of a variety of computerised business software
Academic Requirements Experience Required from the Commercial Manager:
* Degree Qualified
* A good level of computing literacy
* Knowledge of Quantity Surveying on Construction projects
* Good Mechanical & Electrical knowledge
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in the Industry
* Sound Knowledge of Commercial Management and project controls to deliver successfully packages of work.
* Knowledge NEC3 contracts
Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain UK security clearance to SC level.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.