Sitec has a contract role for a Commercial Manager to work for our client based in Farnborough, Hampshire. This is a contract position for an estimated 12 months, the max pay rate is up to £35.00 p/hr LTD Company
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all commercial and contractual aspects of the Zephyr Programme.
You will be responsible for financial management of projects, recognizing business opportunities and putting together bids to win new business, as well as negotiating and agreeing contracts which can be worth millions of pounds.
A background in avionics or military negotiations an advantage but not essential.
TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Outline Job Profile
* Provide a commercial service to support business development and sales, including the implementation of Non-Disclosure Agreements, the provision of commercial advice and assistance with profitable solutions.
* Commercial management of tenders and associated commercial agreements to support new business opportunities as required.
* Work with the Finance department in the creation of accurate vet material and offer letters and attend tender vets.
* Ensure that commercial risks are identified and minimised or offset where possible at the bid stage and then throughout the contract.
* Manage existing contracts in accordance with company procedures and contractual requirements, to ensure efficient and accurate performance of commercial activities and enable prompt payment of invoices.
* Undertake contractual reporting as required under specific contract frameworks such as the UK MOD SSRO.
* Develop rapport/relationship with customers to assist in the prompt progression of orders and payment of invoices.
* Act as the commercial point of contact on contracts for the customer arranging meetings and discussions as required to ensure the smooth operation of these contracts.
* Work with the Procurement organisation to advise on key contractual obligations and risks in Prime contract and ensure flow down and mitigation accordingly
* Line management - Zephyr Deputy Programme Manager within UAS, Defence and Space.
* Functional reporting - UAS Commercial Manager, Defence and Space.
* Ensure that all commercial arrangements entered into by the HAPS Programme are correct, legal, ethical and commercially sound.
* Identify legal, contractual, commercial risks and exposures and make adequate provision.
* Contract administration and management.
Required skills and experience
* Must have international contracts experience.
* Degree level or equivalent qualification with a solid and proven experience in a commercial management role.
* Proven contract management skills with a variety of customers and suppliers. Experience with UK MoD would be an advantage.
* Knowledge and understanding of general contractual terms relating to equipment and service provision.
* Ability to work in a flexible manner, on own initiative, under pressure and with attention to detail.
* Ability to operate at all levels, both internally and with supplier and customer personnel.
* Travel to our clients and customer locations as required, UK and overseas.
* Business and financial acumen.
* Must be able to obtain the required security clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.