Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Commercial Contracts Officer to join our client based in Farnborough. The role is within the Zephyr Project. The Zephyr is a high Altitude Pseudo Satellite, able to fly for months at a time, combining the persistence of a satellite with the flexibility of a UAV.
This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of £200 p/day Ltd
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role, is inquisitive, enjoys overcoming challenges and is enthusiastic about being part of an exciting and pioneering High Altitude Pseudo Satellite programme.
Your main tasks and responsibilities of Commercial Contracts Officer will include:
Support the Zephyr business development and sales team through the business acquisition cycle from opportunity lead to contract award and handover to delivery teams, ensuring that all commercial arrangements entered into are correct, legal, ethical and commercially sound.
Work will include the implementation of Non-Disclosure Agreements, Statements of Work, development of commercial propositions, review and drafting of contracts, and contract negotiation with customers.
Activities of Commercial Contracts Officer to include but not limited to:
Carry out commercial management of tenders and associated commercial agreements to support new business opportunities as required.
Assist in the generation of go-to-market documentation and standard terms and conditions.
Provide commercial advice and guidance to the sales and bid teams in shaping the price, scope and terms and conditions for sales opportunities, drawing in expertise from subject matter experts.
Work with the Finance department in the development of costing and pricing models.
Identify commercial risks and legal/export/regulatory issues on individual deals and referring them to the appropriate level of management or specialist function for resolution.
Work with the Procurement organisation to advise on key contractual obligations and risks in Prime contract and ensure flow down and mitigation accordingly.
Required skills and experience of Commercial Contracts Officer:
* Degree level or equivalent qualification with a solid and proven experience in a commercial management role.
* Proven experience of supporting winning business proposals and developing innovative commercial approaches.
* Proven contract management skills with a variety of customers and suppliers.
* Experience with UK MoD and ESA would be an advantage, also previously experience working with the satellite industry.
* Knowledge and understanding of general contractual terms relating to project activities, equipment and service provision.
* Ability to work in a flexible manner, on own initiative, under pressure and with attention to detail.
* Ability to operate at all levels, both internally and with supplier and customer personnel.
* Good communication and inter-personal skills, comfortable in developing good working relationships with colleagues and customers.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.