Sitec has an interesting opportunity for a Commercial Connectivity Engineer to join our client's ground breaking team.
This is a 12 month contract with a pay rate of £300 per day Ltd and is based in Farnborough.
Are client has acquired and subsequently developed a world leading capability in High Altitude Pseudo Satellite (HAPS) technology. From such vantage point and with the ability to provide localised persistence, a broad and potentially profound range of new business opportunities are envisaged in commercial communications and related services.
Description of the Job:
Develop new, significant, scalable, commercial connectivity services business exploiting this unique capability and ensuring the necessary underpinning business delivery is available (including partnerships and/or eco-system)
Outline Job Profile:
Create and then deliver a practical, pragmatic and high confidence business plan covering all the vital aspects of a complete business; product and services definition, segment and customer specific value propositions, business models, pricing, go-to-market and sales strategy and as required partnering - to build in Airbus a global, scalable & high volume multi-segment services business including the necessary service delivery capabilities for commercial connectivity.
* Define commercial connectivity services business development projects with anchor customers and partners with whom we potentially co-create products and services that reach into broad, scalable high value and high volume global businesses.
* Explore, formulate and negotiate commercial partnerships, eco-systems or similar that further build differentiation and sustainable business growth.
* Maintain and develop the necessary cross-Airbus internal eco-system such that HAPS-Commercial capabilities can strengthen and expand their established and emerging business activities.
The job holder will report achievements into Head of Zephyr Programs and Head of UAS Portfolio.
Deliver business results according to the business plan as defined, agreed and evolved in the course of this job.
Indicative relevant experience (examples):
* Solid and demonstrable evidence of delivery and experience in business development within Telecoms oriented industry.
* Proven experience in new business development at senior level and scope of business.
* Understanding of the latest trends and evolutions in the Communications/Network industry.
* Broad industry and academic knowledge as well as deep subject matter knowledge in at least one of several Telecommunications and Satellite technologies:
Ø IMS : IP Multimedia Subsystem
Ø HSDPA : High Speed Downlink Packet Access
Ø MOBILE TV
Ø MVNO : Mobile Virtual Network Operator
Ø IPv6 : Internet Protocol Version 6
Ø 5G : 5th Generation Mobile Networks
Ø IoT : Internet of Things
* Strategic thinker and leader to guide Airbus' entry into the new services as a market disrupter and forerunner.
* Awareness of different worldwide national telecom/spectrum policies and factoring this into Airbus' future setup.
* Ability to define, develop and lead programs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
* Collaboration and relationship-building skills.
* Analytical and data-driven, with a focus to deploy the new business in line with Airbus Digitalization strategy.
* Proven track record of organizational leadership in cross-functional teams across locations, language markets and working styles.
* Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment.
* Could have lived in/worked abroad.
* High willingness to travel.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.