Sitec a Belcan Company, have an interesting requirement for a Combat Systems Engineer to work in Bristol on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months +.You will be responsible for supporting the specification of the combat system interfaces and its integration into the submarine design. This is based in North Bristol but candidates must be willing to travel to Derby.
You will be involved in the Navy's current Submarine class replacement (designated SSNR) which will replace the current Astute and Dreadnought submarines (designated SSN).
In order to minimise any potential disruption to the delivery output of the SSNR engineering team as a result of C-19 and instruction to work remotely until further notice, proposed candidates are to allow for a 1-month handover period with incumbent role holders, between 3rd - 31st August. It is critical that any leave or other commitments of the proposed candidates during this period, are disclosed in the bid submission.
For the initial period of the concept phase this will mostly involve working within the project team, however in time will expand to include providing guidance and direction to contractors working on behalf of the MoD in the development of SSNR.
The key mechanism for managing and controlling the direction of the design will be the SSNR Design Specification Document; the Combat System Engineer will be responsible for the associated PBS items/sections of this document.
- Manage combat system development activities;
- Contributions to Options & Trade Space Exploration;
- Specification on the combat system interface;
- Generation and collation of the SSNR Design Specification;
- Support whole boat development activities as required, including integration advice on combat system;
- To generate or oversee the generation of evidence to support to the Key Characteristics assumptions to be agreed via 2* decision panels.
Provide a focal point for operations enquiries relating to work scope definition. To ensure the project control tool IFS is fully populated to support the continuity and progression of work fronts.
To manage all aspects of project change locally by a process of validation against the original contracted work scope to assess impact to cost or schedule. Updating of IFS to encompass change requests.
Interface with main project stakeholders internally and externally i.e., Production, Planning, Estimating, Engineering and Subcontractors where relevant. Focal point for equipment tracking information. Assist in the management of the compartment handover process by ensuring outstanding work is known, and system population is in place to allow completion of works. Attendance at system completion / wash-up meetings where necessary.
Act as an interface for the Engineering liaison process for production queries. Manage the Non Conformance management system, ensuring that NCR's are recorded, impact assessed, and subsequent requirements are in place with systems populated as necessary for rectification.
Pro-actively engage, communicate, support and provide flexibility within the project team to ensure team objectives are met.
- Good communication skills
- Be a positive, encouraging and supportive team member who can adapt to change and be flexible.
- Understanding of the need to deliver the required information in a timely manner to support operational requirements.
- Ability to interrogate IFS to understand system requirements and fixes (training will be provided).
Candidates must be SC Cleared at time of CV Submission
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.