Sitec has a requirement for a CNC Miller / Machinist to work for our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract role, for an estimated 6 months. The max rate of pay is £15.62 p/hr PAYE.
A CNC miller is required to join the fast-paced and dynamic Digital Manufacturing team composed of highly critical machining repairs and new 3D printed aluminium parts.
If you are an experienced CNC miller and machinist with versatile skills and, would like to join a leading Aerospace player to make parts which are going to be launched in orbit or sent to Mars, then this opportunity is for you!
Your main responsibility will be to produce parts work from CAD models/drawing/design or engineer instructions. Responsibilities/ duties will include:
* This will require you to perform operations on Band/Bar saws, Pillar drills and Guillotine as necessary and use manual electronic Machine tools as necessary: Centre Lathe, Vertical Milling Machine, Surface and offhand Grinders, Spark Eroder, NC Mill)
* You will be responsible to deliver high quality parts on time and to drawing, and record information with required paperwork, this will include the use of measuring equipment to ensure product quality - Micrometer External / Internal, Vernier, Depth Gauge, Height Gauge, DTI etc.
* You will be reporting to the Manufacturing Team Leader and your day-to-day task allocation will come from the Lead Machinist, Senior Machinist or Team Leader and you will be interfacing with Engineering, Design and Production Control Support departments/personnel as required.
* We will need your clear feedback on the progress of each project/product to the defined work schedule, milestones and hours budget for that specific hardware and your support in the development of apprentices / others within the facility to develop their competence of milling, turning and forming.
* Part of your work will be to assist with maintaining machine reliability, root cause analysis of process and quality errors, and identifying improvement opportunities.
* The ability to program, set and operate manual electronic mills.
* Clear communication to provide feedback on progress or required support
* The ability to program set and operate 3-axis CNC machines using Heidenhain controls
* Required experience of milling parts from raw materials to design specifications.
* Ability to operate machinery in a safe manner to produce parts to drawing requirements.
* Ability to work to close tolerances and a range of aerospace materials
* Lean principles
* CATIA machining environment
* Basic understanding of Additive Manufacturing Processes
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Minimum of ONC / NVQ 3level in a Manufacturing or Production discipline or recognised technician level apprenticeship
Successful applicants must should have a background to enable a clearance level to DBS
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.