Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Cloud Computing Architect to join our client, an Aerospace Defence and Space company. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of £55p/hr Ltd
Preference is for Guildford or Newcastle but Newport will also be considered.
Airbus Space and Defence - Intelligence is a leading provider of optical and satellite imagery, geographic information products, software and services delivering geographic information solutions into both private and public sector organisations worldwide.
Airbus Defence and Space provides high value-added solutions including satellite data & geographical information acquisition and processing, operational emergency planning systems, geo-information, risk analysis, consultancy, data management and hosting.
We are looking for an Architect with the ability to design and develop the cloud based solutions required by geo-spatial projects using in-house or cloud infrastructure. You will be participating and contributing to the companies cloud products and services portfolio design and development. This position is essential for Airbus digital services and transformation
Tasks and Accountabilities
- Analyse stakeholder needs
- Develop, analyse, trace and allocate system requirements
- Augment architectural principles (e.g. selection of methodologies, tools etc.)
- Lead the technical architecture, integration and deployment of the IT solution and the related cloud infrastructure.
- Design and plan a cloud solution architecture using appropriate paradigm IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Manage and provision of the cloud solution infrastructure including all aspect related to processing, storage, networking, high-availability, resilience, performance, and backup.
- Design for security and compliance with a good understanding of "security by design"
- Analyse and optimize technical and business processes
- Ability to understand the big picture and work closely with system architects, service managers and project manager as a team.
- Solid foundation on cloud computing including understanding of the cloud technology, cloud architecture and how to design, develop, and manage robust, secure, scalable, highly available, and dynamic solutions and services hosted in the
- Proficient in all aspects of solution development including implementation details, developing prototypes, and architectural best
- Experienced in multi-tiered distributed applications which span multi-cloud or hybrid
- Experience in integration framework, applications server and messaging systems
- Experience in Service oriented (SOA) and micro-services architecture
Experience of ONE or more of the following
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Rackspace Cloud
- IBM Cloud
- Google Cloud
Any experience with the following would be of interest.
The successful candidate will be subject to security clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs. Ability to achieve SC clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.