Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Cloud Architect for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 6-12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
The Cloud Architect will be responsible for architecting and designing solutions for IaaS/SaaS/PssS on Microsoft Cloud Platform for a variety of internal projects and assisting with the integration of these solutions. Whilst a deep technical role this role will also include stakeholder meetings with both internal and external service providers in which solutions are discussed and will also include the initial setup and deployment of new solutions and the transition to live services with members of the operational team whom will oversee production application and infrastructure support.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
* Lead the design of Azure pattern solution to meet business requirements
* Create documentation around the setup and implementation of those design patterns
* Lead the implementation of Azure solutions for new patterns or products
* Participate in non-functional testing, particularly around business resiliency
* Engage with Microsoft around solving business and technical problems in the Azure ecosystem
* Provide technical oversight, review and quality control of Azure artefacts throughout the programme
* Contribute to the development of Azure standards, best practices and organisational capability
* Act as an escalation point / SME for Azure technical issues and decisions.
* Broad project lifecycle experience - especially in enterprise environments
* Expert knowledge of Azure Cloud platform features and capabilities
* Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs, reverse proxies, routing, switching etc.)
* Azure Networking (VNETs, Express Route, VPN Gateway, Traffic Manager, NSGs)
* Security (firewall configuration, IPS/IDS etc.)
* Understanding of common application approaches and technologies (e.g. SOA, message queuing)
* Understanding of common database technologies (e.g. backup/restoration, replication/mirroring)
* Understanding of common internet technologies (e.g. e-mail, web servers, web services)
* Experience designing for disaster recovery
* Experienced producing multi-tiered, loadbalanced, redundant infrastructure architectures
* Storage technologies (SAN, NAS, RAID configuration, caching etc.)
* Familiarity with other cloud technologies
* ARM Templates and Windows PowerShell
* Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
* Professional qualifications / Microsoft Cloud Certifications
* Professional experience architecting largescale distributed systems
* Hands-on experience using compute, networking, storage and database services
* Understanding of elasticity and scalability concepts
* Understanding of network technologies as they relate to Azure Cloud services
* A good understanding of all security features and tools that Microsoft provides and how they relate to traditional services
* Hands-on experience with Azure deployment and management services
* Experience of integrating SaaS applications into corporate systems including Single Sign-On and identity management
Capabilities and other qualities
* Able to work independently
* Ability to set own goals and manage towards them
* Good client presentation skills
* Willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.