Sitec are looking to recruit a Civil & Structural Technician for our client who are an leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of c£2.6 billion and which operates through six divisions of Construction & Infrastructure, Fit Out, Property Services, Partnership Housing, Urban Regeneration and Investments. The role is permanent and based in Stratford-upon-Avon and paying competitively up to £24,000 to £29,000 per annum.
Responsible for generating high quality, accurate and detailed records of civil engineering project documentation, working within a multi-disciplinary design team.
* To provide appropriate levels of Civil engineering design to a range of different building types and materials
* Works to own initiative and required to supervise junior CAD staff members
* To be responsible for discrete packages of work under the supervision of a Senior Engineer/Senior Technician
* Excellent team working skills
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Be responsible for the production of schematic, general arrangement and detailed drawings in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures
* Ensure quality of delivery when producing or updating CAD drawings to internal and/or customer standards.
* Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
* Communicate and collaborate with CAD technicians from other disciplines, other consultants, etc.
* Provide technical mentoring to junior members of the CAD team
* Able to provide excellent service in line with the company philosophy of Perfect Delivery
* Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of their own work and the work of junior CAD staff under their supervision, in accordance with company QA procedures
* Where required, take responsibility for the registering and document control of incoming information and outgoing deliverables.
* Where required, take responsibility for maintaining drawing records, such as check and record file copies
* Develop positive relationships with customers through good professional conduct
* Participate in knowledge sharing across team and locations
* Attend in-house CAD courses and seminars
* Keep up to date with design trends/ design techniques (BIM etc.)
* Interact on project standards coordination with customers
* Excellent team ethic, and ability to work extended hours on occasions when required
* Represent client in external project technical meetings if required
* Review specialist subcontractors/suppliers production drawings for technical compliance with design Intent
Qualifications and Training
* HNC Civil Engineering accredited with ICE
* Ideally aiming for Eng Tech TMICE in the future
* Eligible to pass criteria for security clearance and airside pass applications.
* Full UK Driving Licence
Technical Skills and Experience
* High level of proficiency in the use of AutoCAD 2D and 3D software, Autotrack, Civils 3D and Windes Microdrainage Software.
* Working knowledge of the following software would also be an advantage:
o CADS RC
* Significant CAD experience preferably in the majority of the following market sectors: industrial, manufacturing and energy, life sciences and chemicals, transport (rail and aviation), infrastructure and utilities, public sector, nuclear.
* Ability to work under the supervision of a Senior Technician to produce 2D & 3D C&S deliverables from concept through to fully co-ordinated detailed design
* To have, or be developing knowledge and experience of traditional building materials, e.g. Steel, Timber, Concrete and RC detailing, and overall site wide infrastructure and earthworks.
* A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole
* Knowledge of CDM regulations
* Knowledge of current UK technical standards/publications and legislation requirements
* Knowledge of standard details and solutions, and compliance.
* Good level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software i.e. word, excel, etc.
* Ability to work accurately and methodically, sometimes under pressure and strict deadlines, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
* Good time management skills to ensure cost effective and accurate delivery of tasks under their remit
* Effectively manage own time across multiple tasks and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines.
* Good communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to negotiate both internally and externally to the team
* Ability to work well within a team of other professionals (architects, service engineers etc.) in delivering designs to satisfy the agreed brief
* Track record of providing a quality CAD service as part of a team
* Supervision and Technical mentoring of trainees and other junior CAD staff.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.