Sitec has an exciting requirement for an Emissions Certification Engineer for our client - Caterpillar Engines. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and shall be based at their offices in Peterborough. The max rate of pay is up to £32.00 p/hr LTD Company (dependent on experience)
Caterpillar Inc operates in an unprecedented global regulatory enforcement environment, and the compliance expectations of Caterpillar's key regulators, its Board of Directors, customers and investors have never been higher. The news today is full of real cases of the financial and reputational damage caused at large multinational corporations by emissions regulatory infringement. Caterpillar's global footprint, key markets and industries, growth strategy and business model puts emissions compliance risk at the forefront of many of our commercial and business processes. The cost, reputational harm and erosion of shareholder value caused by just one of these events cannot be overstated.
Caterpillar's Emissions Regulations and Conformance (ERC) group is accountable for interpreting, communicating and leading the enterprise to a strong position of global emissions regulatory conformance. The UK ERC team is part of the larger ERC group and works closely with the Group's global emissions experts and U.S. based certification & conformance teams to provide focused regulatory guidance, engine emissions certification and conformance services for IPSD-M and Wimborne Marine Propulsion Centre (WMPC).
The Manager of the UK Emissions Regulations and Conformance Team is recruiting for the position of Emissions Certification Engineer. This is a key role that directly enables Caterpillar to sell engines to regulated countries whilst ensuring Caterpillar robustly adheres to global emissions regulatory standards.
Responsibilities will include:
* Developing a sound understanding engine emissions certification, the associated legal obligations and business processes
* Coaching associated business areas on certification requirements to help ensure successful certification work streams
* Owning and delivering engine emissions certifications from receipt of request, through certificate received, to emissions label implementation and ongoing maintenance
* Maintaining owned emissions certificates and associated labels through life of production
* Developing / fostering a collaborative relationship with global governmental agency representatives
* Proven ability to instigate and successfully lead parallel work streams to firm timing and quality targets
* A legal or engineering education / background
* Strong moral compass. A passion for doing things right and to a high standard
* Ability to work collaboratively with diverse functional areas and remote centres of business
* An eye for detail, with a track record in consistently delivering work to a high standard of accuracy
* Ability and interest in digesting regulatory materials
* Confident communicator - able to articulate Caterpillar's focus on compliance, and to challenge the status quo where necessary, to establish the facts.
* Ability to travel (occasional) and represent Caterpillar on a global platform
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.