Sitec have an interesting requirement for an Aerospace Engineer to be responsible for the creation, integration and Maintenance of the Landing Gear Product structure and Digital Mock UP (DMU) for an Airbus aircraft. This is a contract role based on-site in Filton Bristol with an estimated duration of 9 months. Previous landing gear experience advantageous but not essential.
Engineer responsible for the creation, integration & maintenance of the Landing gear Product structure and Digital Mock Up (DMU).
Creation of the Product Breakdown Structure (PBS) for MLG and NLG, in the legacy tools DPDS & Optegra, conforming to existing rules and best practice wherever possible.
Assist with the development of new methods and rules for the development of the new PBS and cDMU.
MAJOR END RESULTS
* Handling and processing of incoming/outgoing Digital Mock Up (DMU) data from the landing Gear Suppliers.
* Generate & maintain the Landing gear PBS and cDMU ensuring integration to the aircraft cDMU using the correct airbus methods & processes and capturing new methods & rules.
* Managing the LG supplier 3d data & Installation data through the SSCI process.
MAIN ACTIVITIES (Technical)
* Develop the new PBS for A321xxx from concept phase through to implementation ensuring stakeholder and process owner involvement & buy in. Ensuring vendor 3D and 2D compatibility with product structure rules and aircraft DMU.
* Liaising with the landing Gear suppliers and directing them as necessary to ensure that the DMU provided by them is configured correctly and meets the quality requirements as specified by Airbus.
* Ensuring that suitable methods & tools for DMU & SSCI management are used correctly & developed where necessary.
* Use the Airbus methods, processes & tools (DPDS, Optegra, Catia V5, ICC) to ensure that the PBS and cDMU are integrated and configured correctly and to the required quality.
* Process & track deliverables through the SSCI (QC1, QC2) & DMUI processes relevant for A321.
* Liaise with all customers of cDMU and arrange for creation of any required Design and DMU product structures reviews and ensure the smooth running of any subsequent Design/DMU reviews.
* Creation and maintenance of the top level product structure for all landing gears.
* Tracking & resolution of DMU clashes /low clearances.
* Assist & guide supplier Work package resource to ensure smooth flow of work through the team.
* Experience of handling, validating and integrating the DMU & drawing data for all landing gears and equipment.
* Experienced in Airbus configuration control and product structure requirements.
* Previous landing gear experience a bonus, not essential.
* Ability to deliver engineering solutions to time, cost, and quality, using appropriate processes, tools & methods.
* Previous experience in using Airbus processes and procedures for DMU management & design (DE.PA.03.01) a bonus.
* Experience of DMU mechanical installation, hydraulic and electrical installation.
* Installation design experience beneficial.
* Ability to work autonomously and as part of a multifunctional team
* Key interfaces are with the Airframe design team, landing gear vendors, LG equipment vendors, Airbus configuration mgmt. team, Airbus installation designers,
* Catia V5 R21 (essential)
* DPDS (essential)
* Optegra (essential)
* ICC (read access)
* Catia V5 Kinematics (beneficial)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.