Sitec have an interesting requirement for a CATIA V5 Aerospace Designer, to carry out Landing Gear installation Design Modifications and investigations in support of the landing Gear and associated equipment installations for in-service and Final assembly line (FAL)Airbus aircraft. This is a contract role based on-site in Filton Bristol with an estimated duration of 9 months. Previous landing gear experience advantageous but not essential.
Carry out landing gear installation design modifications and investigations in support of the landing gear and associated equipment installations for in-service and Final Assembly Line (FAL). Equipment installations include wheels, brakes, brake manifolds, hubcaps, brake cooling fans, lights, etc.
MAJOR END RESULTS
* Completion of interface drawing definition between landing gears, airframe and equipment.
* Completion of Data for Manufacture (DFM / definition dossier) in relation to modifications.
* Support to the Final Assembly Line assisting to help resolve landing gear related installation issues.
* Undertake clearance studies using 3D modelling.
MAIN ACTIVITIES (Technical)
* Creating/updating interface definition between landing gears and airframe, and landing gears and equipment.
* Creating/updating installation DFM, including installation of landing gears into the airframe, and installation of equipment onto the landing gears, in accordance with mod requirements. Installation DFM includes drawings, design instructions, frontier definition, ground line geometry, etc.
* Conducting clearance studies, using Catia Kinematics, to demonstrate adequate clearance between landing gears, dressings and equipment within the airframe.
* All activities are carried out in compliance with Airbus and CoC policies for design and installation.
* Interfacing with customers and stakeholders during execution of tasks, eg. FAL, LG structures engineers, LG equipment engineers, Airframe Design teams,chief engineers, configuration managers, etc….
* Previous landing gear experience a bonus, not essential.
* Ability to deliver engineering solutions to time, cost, and quality, using appropriate processes, tools & methods.
* Previous experience in using Airbus processes and procedures for design (DE.PA.03.01) a bonus.
* Experience of mechanical installation, hydraulic and electrical installation.
* Experienced in configuration control and product structure requirements.
* Ability to work autonomously, and as part of a multi-functional team.
* Able to analyse and apply tolerances, limits & fits
* Familiar with metallic materials, material compatibility, electrical bonding, lubrication, etc…
* DMU management experience a bonus.
* Previously held check or approval signatory or willingness to Develop toward check signatory would be beneficial.
* Catia V5 R21 (essential)
* DPDS (essential)
* Optegra (essential)
* ICC (read access)
* Catia V5 Kinematics (beneficial)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.