Sitec has some exciting opportunities for Category Buyers for our client Caterpillar in Peterborough. This is a permanent role and the salary is between £32,000.00 to £53,000.00 (dependent on experience).
Title: Category Buyer (3 positions available)
Salary Range: £32,000 - £53,000 (Depending on Experience)
Relocation: Not Supported with this role
Sponsorship: Not Supported with this role
Travel: Up to 25%
Benefits: 25 Days Annual Leave plus 8 Bank Holidays ; 10- 12 % Bonus ; Pension Scheme (Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution up to 10%) ; Share Scheme ( Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution) ; Caterpillar Advantage Scheme ( Discount Website) ; Annual Performance Increase
* Flexible working may be considered*
The Category Buyer(s) will have responsibility for a portfolio of suppliers within the EAME / CIS CATINGS & MACHINING Category Team, in support of Energy & Transportation, Construction Industries, Resource Industries, and Innovation & Technology Development Division business units.
The successful candidate will provide supply network solutions expertise, using Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, and Management (QCLDM) to deliver maximum value.
* To serve as the primary contact between Caterpillar and the supply base for global/regional initiatives, including filling the functional seat for commercial discussions/negotiations with suppliers,
* Being the recognized expert for his or her assigned portion of the global category, supports development and execution of global category strategies, and drives performance excellence in Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, and Management (QCLDM) through direct leverage with the supply base partnering with Supplier Development Professional (SDP) personnel and Product/Facility Procurement organizations.
* Buyer may also be a Supplier Lead for suppliers with multiple source buyers. This Supplier Lead role will help to manage the supplier relationship for that supplier's location including but not limited to Supplier Relationship Mgmt., Supplier Performance Mgmt., Cost Mgmt., Risk Mgmt., and Category Network Mgmt.
* This role is responsible and accountable for the development, and/or communication and implementation of a regional, and worldwide sourcing strategy. Responsible for development, management and execution of the global category strategy managing policies, agreements, source catalogs, and special procurement programs. Accountable for the liaison with the corresponding source buyers.
Leadership (Leading by Influence):
* Provide leadership for strategic sourcing qualified supply network, business continuity, supplier risk management - capacity & financial, logistics, contract management, supplier commercial negotiations, cost/spend management - TCA assurance, supplier on boarding/off boarding, lead/response time optimization and resource management decisions.
* Lead continuous improvement initiatives and purchasing new product introduction activities within Purchasing.
* Demonstrate leadership in recognizing the potential for cost and inventory reductions, and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
* Mentor and develop other Category Buyers, SDEs, and Supply Network Specialists (where assigned).
* Promote the highest level of professionalism and business ethics.
* Tools and Techniques of 6 Sigma will be required and may be attained by Black Belt, Green Belt, Project Sponsor, or other 6 Sigma related training programs.
* The incumbent will actively participate on 6 Sourcing Strategic Sourcing teams to fully understand the current performance of the supply network, evaluate strategic options, decide a course of action, and begin implementation.
* The incumbent must also have strong knowledge of the product, NPI, Facility, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Category Strategies.
* Collaborate with Supplier Development Engineers, to ensure continuous improvement in QCLDM with key suppliers. Build and foster mutually beneficial supplier relationships at all organizational levels.
* Experience is preferred in purchasing, logistics, manufacturing, and/or engineering.
* The position requires an undergraduate degree from a college or university - or equivalent experience.
* Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management preferred, e.g.; Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified in Production and Inventory management (CPIM) and Certified in Integration Resource Management (CIRM), or comparable international certification.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills are required in dealing with sensitive issues, developing others, and reaching consensus on specific actions.
* This individual normally possesses category purchasing or product purchasing experience.
KEY COMPETENCIES / ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
* Capable of leading teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions.
* Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skill.
* Effective communicator, in written and oral form. Fluent in the English language and preferred other languages.
* Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles as applied by Caterpillar and our suppliers.
* Strong Negotiator, able to interpret, analyse and negotiate contractual cost elements.
* Understanding of QCLDM.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.