Sitec has a requirement for a Capability Development Leader for our client based in Brize Norton, Oxfordshire. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months.
DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB:
Provide support to our client in delivering current A400M tasks, by ensuring the timely and safe delivery and recovery of capable aircraft and crews, in accordance with UK Military and Governmental requirements.
The Capability Development Leader (CDM) will be responsible for maintaining and developing a network of contacts based on trust and to foster a good multi-agency working relationship. You will provide support to the customer, acting as a facilitator between industry and defence, in all areas of the business.
You will also be responsible for providing support and advice directly to all areas of our clients business, both at Brize Norton and overseas.
Provide a steady progression towards unlocking current certified capabilities which have yet to be realised, through support to development programs and UK trials activities. Provide sound advice and support to future capabilities which have yet to be identified, by maintaining an up to date awareness of current military strategy and ambitions and to monitor emerging potential requirements.
TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
The role is divided into two key areas:
v Capability Development, Trials and CSO - for Capability Development, Trials and Contractor Support to Operations (CSO) tasks associated to this area, the incumbent shall functionally report to the Capability Development Manager (CDM)
v Business Operations - for Military Affairs (MA) & Business Support tasks associated to this area, the incumbent shall functionally report to the Business Operations Manager (BOM)
Capability Development, Trials & CSO
In all cases the CDM is primarily responsible for the tasks detailed below, but the Dep CDM shall assume the role when requested or whenever the CDM is unavailable, for example attending the Weight & Balance Manual Forum.
* Provide expert knowledge and assistance to the CDM, Design Office, trials and delivery teams when analysing faults and issues associated with aircraft systems, cargo / aerial delivery systems and any associated equipment or materials. Support shall encompass all aspects of the aircraft development and is not limited to one area of the aircraft over any other.
* Attend meetings where the CDM is unavailable, including Programme meetings and shall act as the Chairman of the Cargo Hold User Group (CHUG), keeping accurate notes and minutes of each to prepare post meeting reports for reference and archiving and to retrospectively brief the CDM.
* Participate fully in work to develop and release new capabilities in conjunction with the programme office, development teams and DO, facilitating and progressing on-going activities.
* Work in conjunction with ATEC to deliver the Delta Trials contract and facilitate other trials activity, attending the CTTWG (monthly), CIWG (Periodically) and DTWG (weekly) meetings.
* When our client is tasked to deliver CSO, the DepCDM shall be responsible for confirming the validity of the requirement and the boundaries of the task with the DE&S Project Team Designating Officer. They shall then manage the process associated with the safe deployment, support to the deployment and recovery of those personnel deployed on any CSO task.
Military Affairs & Support to Business management
* Provide contract monitoring and data gathering tasks to BOM for CSO activities in support of any associated By-Event-Service.
* Provide contract monitoring and data gathering tasks to BOM for Delta Trial activities in support of the Delta Trials Contract
* Provide contract monitoring and support when required, to new or emerging contracts (where relevant to role) as part of the Business Operations team. They shall also provide weekly feedback to the BOM and participate in the weekly drumbeat meetings as well as inputs to Monthly and Quarterly reports.
* Provide support to Central Programme tasks such as the UK Team Leader Review and the twice weekly UK Topics Awareness Webex calls. They should be prepared to comment or report on UK activities and topics of interest or concern to management and should be ready to deliver a report on our clients activities back to the customer at up to 1* level (such as the WBM Forum report).
* Lead any military engagement tasks in support of the clients business, including Marketing & Communications, Media and Military awareness tasks, such as public speaking engagements with Royal College of Defence Studies, RUSI etc.
* Responsible for the support to large military engagement events such as Royal International Air Tattoo (RIAT), to ensure that the military requirements are met, but also that any additional military support required for activities is fulfilled.
The Capability Development Leader role covers the more technical aspects in relation to weight and balance. Key elements of experience:
* The business are looking for someone with general project management skills
* Excellent communication skills are vital in this role. The successful candidate should be able to engage with various levels of seniority within the business at national and transnational level.
* The CDM must have a full UK/EU driving licence and passport and be available for travel in support of their role.
All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to a minimum of BPSS level.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.