Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Campaigns Specialist for a Science and Technology Campus in Oxfordshire. The post is an estimated 6 month contract and is paying competitively (negotiable) on a PAYE or Umbrella basis for a 37 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment.
Campaign Manager Background - 5 or 6 years Marketing and Campaign Management Experience
Main Purpose of Job
To help deliver aspects of an integrated communications campaign designed to build awareness nationally and locally of the GDF siting process in order to create an environment in which communities interested in discussing the siting of the GDF in their area come forward to join and then remain in the process.
Position in Organisation
* A direct report to the Head of Campaigns, within the Siting & Engagement function.
* Internal contacts include other members of the Siting function as well as other teams, such as Corporate Communications.
* Key external contacts in the development and agreement of campaign elements include, but are not limited to, the company and its other subsidiaries, BEIS and Welsh Government communications and policy teams and the campaigns supply chain.
Scope of Job
* This is a delivery role, requiring the implementation of elements of the communications campaign which will create a sustained level of positive public awareness of the GDF siting process.
* Support the delivery of on-going campaign activities, such as events, stakeholder meetings, digital and written communications, utilising in-house and agency resources.
* Support our Welsh engagement manager on a similar programme, including translations.
* Assist with the management of a new Strategic Campaigns Partner, through Government Communications Services framework
Dimensions & Limits of Authority
* Management of budget and/or delegated spend.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
* Good first degree or equivalent professional qualification.
* Chartered status membership of a relevant professional institute preferred.
* Experience of delivering communications campaigns.
* Experience in campaign planning, delivery and management of complex, highly contentious issues with significant public interest and awareness.
* Demonstrable skills in campaign programme management, ideally utilising Government Communications Service approved tools and techniques.
* Experience in utilising a range of campaign tools, including digital, events and direct marketing.
* Experience of managing agency relationships.
* Good understanding of and interest in the UK's industrial strategy, national infrastructure programmes and the nuclear industry.
* Able to communicate and influence with empathy.
* Good writing and presentation skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Deliver GDF campaign activities
* Deliver a campaign to raise positive awareness of the GDF siting process.
* Manage the timely and appropriate commissioning and production of materials to support the campaign.
* Implement communications campaign tactics for dealing with specific events and issues.
* Be responsible for one's own performance, including personal development.
* Provide advice and support to the Head of Stakeholder Engagement on relevant issues.
* Actively engage with and contribute to the company's Risk Management, HSSEQ and other relevant company-wide programmes.
* Undertake other activities commensurate with your skills and experience as and when required.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.