Sitec currently have a requirement for a CAM Process Engineer for my client based in Stevenage. This is a contract role for an initial 12 Months and has a pay rate of £29 p/hr Ltd.
To Carry through AIT requirements for the production machining of satellite components from engineering concept to shop floor in a controlled manner.
Ensure quality and process robustness through continuous review and improvement of processes
Support and influence the operations teams on technical issues
Communicate effectively with counterparts in other product groups/business units, peers & managers to share expertise
Provide technical requirements & justifications to the MGSE & Tooling Engineering group
Support engineers and/or subcontractors, including coaching and mentoring where appropriate.
Influence design teams and offer production advice and preferences to ensure DFM is upheld and ensure the AIT CAM processes are followed
Provide technical requirements & justifications to CAE and the IM portal and intranet group
Support to project and quality groups offering technical advice as necessary
* To develop and build relationships both internally and externally and work as part of a team
* The accurate production of CNC data including all checking and setting sheets in accordance with company procedures
* Able to drive Catia V5/V6 the company design tool
* Actively seek to develop own learning and skills and to keep up to date with new processes and tooling
* Ability to deliver multiple tasks to set time frames with minimal supervision
* Able to organise and manage own workload inline with production requirements
* The ability to understand and use company systems and software
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written (internally and externally)
* Identify problems and apply technical knowledge to resolve them
* Suggest process improvements considering business benefits
* Takes responsibility for implementing improvements
* Is aware of the need to involve others as required
* Instigate request and purchase of tooling and small shop aids as necessary to support shop floor activities and aid in-cycle time reduction
* To write company documentation as required.
* A background in machining within an aerospace engineering environment, preferably within the space sector
* Typically 5 year's relevant experience in a Manufacturing Machine shop Engineering Role
* Appreciation of machining techniques eg. CFRP, Composite, Honeycomb panels
* Understanding of prismatic machining fundamentals
* 5-axis prismatic machining
* Able to read and understand engineering drawings and 3D models
* A good knowledge of clamping methods including vacuum tables
* A good knowledge of CAD/CAM software in a 3D environment
* Good understanding of machine language preferably ISO and/or Heidenhain and Siemens
* A good understanding of spacecraft manufacture and build philosophies
* The ability to "hit the ground running" would be hugely advantageous
Education & Training
* Degree/HNC or equivalent in an Engineering related discipline
* Some clean room working
* Occasional UK/European travel
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.