Sitec are looking for 2 Calibration Engineers for our client - Perkins Engines - in Stafford. These are contract positions for an estimated 12 months, although these are expected to be ongoing.
The max rate of pay is up to £37.50 p/hr LTD Company.
ROLE PURPOSE AND OVERVIEW:
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world.
Based within the Product Engineering Development department at the Stafford facility, the roles of Calibration Engineers will initially be for a 12-month contract. The successful applicant will be responsible for planning and delivering engineering activity as part of the 4000 Series diesel product development activity. This role involves, engine performance calibration, analysing data and trends, root cause corrective action and validation of corrective actions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CALIBRATION ENGINEERS:
The successful applicants must be flexible as the role involves working on a wide variety of projects within a small multi skilled team. Responsibilities to include
* Diesel Engine Performance and Emissions calibration
* Mechanical verification and validation of engine components and systems
* Defining and managing component validation plans
* Coordination of day-to-day engineering activity and management of test and analysis activity
* Failure analysis and defect resolution using industry-standard methods
* Technical reporting
* Conducting all work to Perkins operating procedures and local work methods in order to meet compliance with quality standards.
* Support to the design function is required through FMEA attendance.
* The role will require collaboration with all platform teams based at the Stafford facility.
* Working closely with global Caterpillar facilities.
* Occasional overseas travel may be necessary as required by business needs.
* Experienced engine performance & emissions calibration engineer
* Data analysis and reporting
* Focus on Quality
* Decision Making
* Initiating Action
* Project Leadership
* Excellent Communication at all levels
* Planning and organising
* Effective Teamwork
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Engineering Degree or other equivalent qualification/experience
* Experienced in engine Performance and Emissions calibration
* Knowledge of emissions measurement techniques, worldwide emission regulations and emissions measurement hardware.
* Knowledge of turbocharger matching, fuel system optimisation and control system development.
* PC literacy, excellent use of all MS Office components
* High standard of written technical reporting
* Diesel engine component validation experience
* Working knowledge of industrial diesel engine systems such as cooling, lubrication, air etc…
* Knowledge of Perkins Products and processes
* Planning, conducting and reporting on engine-based noise and vibration testing.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.