Sitec are recruiting a CAD Technician for the Facilities Management (Estates) department of a Client engaged in Engineering manufacture on a large scale, in Broughton, Clwyd, North Wales. This is a contract position for an estimated 12 months.
Functions to be Supported
CAD Technician support required to assist the following functions within the clients UK Facilities Management:
* Real Estate
* Space Management
* Master Planning (General Zoning)
Profile of Support Required
The support required is the supply of resource to undertake works generally related to Stages 0 - 4 and part of 6 (as built and updates) of the RIBA Stages of Work. The work will particularly (but not exclusively) involve:
* Manage Space Allocation drawings and spreadsheets;
* Update desk spreadsheets through MAGIC requests and desk surveys;
* Provide support for Facilities and Real Estate - Such as temporary building surveys, meeting room surveys, new office layouts, and other CAD support needs;
* Produce technical drawings for submission to the client's internal planning approval procedure. Ensuring all drawings conform to Statutory requirements i.e.; current building Regulations, planning and Fire Regulations, as well as client standards and 'Golden Rules';
* Carry out building surveys and update current building database as necessary;
* Produce 'As Built' drawings as necessary;
* Liaise with technical staff/consultants and produce building concept and project feasibility drawings;
* Maintain and update Broughton site layout as and when necessary.
* Maintain the General Zoning Transnational Site Plans
* Work with Airbus Suppliers to assist developing New Layouts
Preparation and Format of Information
Information will need to be prepared either in new or existing drawings on AutoCAD in a format compatible with the 2013 (migration planned to 2016) release and in line with the client CAD Standards. Also it may be necessary to input data into spreadsheets and prepare schedules.
Background Experience and Knowledge
Experience working within a Facilities/Real Estate environment or an Architectural, Construction/Building Project Management / Design Environment
Minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience or equivalent within the architectural, construction, building, or building service industry.
PC skills / qualifications & essential, expertise in Excel, PowerPoint and AutoCAD Facilities, Software and Resources.
Desirable but not essential BIM (Building Information Modelling)
Ability to work within a Customer Focused environment
Ability to work on own initiative and from customer initial brief taking into account and understand Strategic view when managing customer needs whilst also maintain/sustaining a flexible approach.
The location of work to be carried will be insitu on the Broughton Site but may be be asked to travel to Bristol as and when necessary to undertake surveys and meet stakeholders.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.