Sitec has a CAD Support Technician, using AutoCAD, for our client based in Plymouth. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months.
Working in Devonport Royal Dockyard, the contract funding is until April 2018. The max rate of pay is up to £13.48 per hour PAYE
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
To undertake E&MT drawing and administration tasks as allocated by the Technical Lead.
Major Tasks and Activities:
* Updating of submarine Datum Pack drawing packs using AutoCAD.
* The preparation and production of AutoCAD drawings (within level of competence).
* Assist in the preparation and QA of documents produced within the section.
* Take minutes at meetings as required and produce relevant documentation
* Provide assistance (within level of competence) to section members.
* To act as section representative and point of contact for receipt, recording and filing of all technical information held within the section.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OF THE CAD SUPPORT TECHNICIAN:
Key Technical Skills / competencies:
* Good Computer Aided Design (CAD) skills (specific training will be provided.
* Good Microsoft skills (Word, Excel etc.)
* Some general knowledge relating to the Marine Engineering
Key Behavioural competencies:
* Good communication skills , both written and verbal
* Good work ethic to ensure allotted tasks are delivered to time and quality
* Good Team Player who can develop an effective working relationships
* Company/Industry Knowledge:
* Good knowledge of the Design process particularly relating to Drawing Production and related technical information
* Good understanding of Ship Building and/or Naval Practices.
* Experience of Naval Vessels and/or Marine Engineering environment is essential.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.