Sitec - a Belcan Company have an interesting opportunity for a CAD Manager based in Devonport, Plymouth, Devon. This is a contract position with an estimated duration of 12 months.
- The purpose of the CAD Manager post is:
- To manage the delivery of CAD modelling, drawings and design work (from in-house and outsourced CAD resources) to the required standards, ensuring consistency across Readiness scope.
- Responsible for defining a CAD Strategy to ensure all design works are appropriately controlled and governing the presentation of design information in accordance with modern CAD standards as appropriate.
- The CAD Manager post operates as part of the Strategic Infrastructure Business Unit.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop requirements and guidance for production of CAD design information for Readiness Programme. Author CAD Strategy in accordance with wider CAD standards (Readiness is not a BIM Project but all design works shall be conducted in Autodesk 3D modelling software, in accordance with appropriate modern standards, such that BIM compliance could be achieved with minimal additional effort).
- Assist Engineering Leads in production of SOWs for outsourced design support, providing input to CAD design requirements. Assist in technical review of tender returns, pertaining to CAD design information.
- Lead in-house CAD design works and review outsourced CAD design documentation to ensure that all CAD design is produced to agreed standards. Provide Subject Matter Expert advice regarding CAD design.
- Provision of CAD Design / Engineering services to the Readiness in-house team for the production of ad-hoc design models and drawings.
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project's technical planning process.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock's Business Management System and Technical Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Experienced in 3D CAD modelling with Autodesk software (REVIT, Inventor, AutoCAD 3D) plus Navisworks.
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
- Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
- Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
- Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
- Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- A degree, HND or equivalent in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Chartered / Incorporated Engineer, registered with Eng Council.
- Nuclear: Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and/or marine system knowledge.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan