Sitec have an exciting opportunity for a CAD Manager for our client Marshall Aerospace in Cambridge. This vacancy is a Permanent Staff role.
The salary and benefits offered will be competitive and commensurate with the candidates experience.
CAD Manager Permanent Cambridge:
The vacancy of CAD Manager has arisen within the Engineering function to oversee the busy CAD helpdesk and directly manage the skilled engineers who provide support and training to the engineering function. Reporting to the Head of CAE, this role is responsible for maintaining and improving upon the high levels of support to the Engineering user base, as well as oversight of training material and delivery.
Other responsibilities expected of this role are:
* Maintenance of standards and environments.
* Administration of the Windchill PDM tool with support to the PLM implementation as required.
* Creation of advanced and specialist training material (initially around structural tools such as AutoCAD Mechanical, CATIA Sheet Metal Design, Surfacing, etc).
* Convergence of standards across functions.
* Convergence of policies across the group.
* Ownership and maintenance of departmental procedures, including Digital Product Definition.
* Management of departmental priorities and workload.
* Liaison with internal customers/suppliers (Manufacturing/Planning departments) to ensure optimum workflows and delivery of design data.
* Conflict resolution.
This role would suit an individual who is already in a similar role, or one with a good knowledge of multiple CAD tools (CATIA, AutoCAD Mechanical, Mentor Graphics) in complex environments looking to progress their career. The ideal candidate would possess basic programming skills such as VBA or Java Scripting to enhance functionality through the programmable application interfaces.
A level of confidence and assertiveness is required in order to juggle a number of high priority tasks with pressing deadlines, and to negotiate with stakeholders at different levels of the organisation.
Marshall ADG offers employees an attractive reward package. This comprises:
* Competitive base salary
* Discretionary bonus scheme
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Generous company pension scheme
* Access to a healthcare plan
* An excellent flexible benefit scheme
* Access to a discount scheme which offers substantial savings with a range of retailers, hotel chains, holiday companies etc.
Due to the nature of the client's business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.