Sitec are currently looking to recruit a C & I Design Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract initially and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Undertaking and over-viewing engineering design, installation, commissioning and maintenance requirements of a regulated site.
Good understanding of the overall design philosophy and lifecycle from concept through to decommissioning.
- Relevant Statutory Instruments e.g. Explosives Regulations, Ionising Radiation Regulations, Machinery Safety Directive, EMC Directive, IEE Wiring Regulations.
- Relevant national and international design codes and standards
- Nuclear Site License conditions.
- Construction, installation, commissioning and maintenance practices/requirements in the context of Regulatory scrutiny on a nuclear site.
- Nuclear Safety Principles.
- Knowledge of how to incorporate Security and Counter Terrorism Measures into design solutions.
- Availability, Reliability and general Maintainability.
- Design verification, validation and substantiation.
- Safety Instrumented Systems
- Hazards and Interlocks.
- FMEA's and FTA's, safety configuration diagrams.
- Hard Wired Safety Systems.
- Conventional and Nucleonic Instrumentation.
- Field sensors.
- Programmable Control Systems (PLC, Smart instruments, data acquisition).
- Software design processes.
- Networks (Ethernet, Fieldbus).
- Design and Build for Electromagnetic Compatibility.
- Electrical schematics and P&I Diagrams.
- Cable schedules and block diagrams.
- Control panel design and layout.
- Nuclear Regulations and Design Codes
- Prepared to travel to France
Accredited degree in a relevant engineering discipline from a recognised university and professional membership of and engineering institution
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.