Sitec has a requirement for a Buyer to join our clients team based in Shrewsbury. This is a contract position for 12 months initially. The pay rate on offer is between £25-30 p/hr LTD Company
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
There is an exciting opportunity for a buyer to join our Caterpillar Defence site at Shrewsbury to manage a supply portfolio of parts required to support the delivery of procurement excellence and integration between Energy & Transportation Purchasing and the facility.
As a Buyer you will provide purchasing solutions expertise and deliver a lean, responsive and resilient material and services flow for the facility from source to dock. The role will demonstrate leadership in implementing cost reduction projects and inventory and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
The Buyer will be responsible for providing purchasing solutions expertise using Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, Management (QCLDM) to deliver maximum value in developing, communicating, and/or implementing a local or regional sourcing strategy for a specific Caterpillar business unit.
* Providing strategic guidance (understand the current supplier base, evaluating strategic options, deciding a course of action, and beginning implementations).
* Team leadership (guiding decisions on sourcing, logistics, and resource management, as well as continuous process improvement and team-member mentorship).
* Maintaining and building quality supplier relationships (developing mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers throughout the organization).
* Managing policies, agreements, source catalos, and special purchasing programs.
* Supporting specific Product line(s) New Product Introduction (NPI) programs. The liaison with the corresponding Category/Platform based Buyers.
* The Buyer should exercise independent judgment with direction from supervisor.
* Intelligent problem-solving & customer support solutions (determining how to best satisfy Critical Customer Requirements while sustaining competitive advantage).
* Education/Experience - An undergraduate degree from a college or university (or equivalent) or equivalent experience.
* Experience leading projects as well as teams, suppliers, & customers to effective solutions. Skills and Competencies: Willingness to travel up to 50-75% of work time as needed.
* Fluency (able to speak, read, write, and comprehend fluently) in English.
* Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal, analytical, leadership, and project management skills to develop close working relationships with others both inside and outside Caterpillar - preferred.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.