Sitec has an exciting opportunity for Buyer for our client Perkins Engines, at their site in Stafford. This is a contract role, for an estimated 3 months initially.
Hourly rates are negotiable dependandant on experience.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join the Global Supply Network Division (formerly Global Purchasing ) at Caterpillar Stafford.
The Buyer will be responsible for managing procurement activity for the Large Power System Division (LPSD) at our Stafford Engine manufacturing facility. Your role will involve delivering procurement excellence and integration between Global Supply Network Division (GSND) and the facility.
As a Buyer you will provide purchasing solutions expertise and deliver a lean, responsive and resilient material and services flow for the facility from source to dock. The role will demonstrate leadership in implementing cost reduction projects and inventory and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible and accountable for the implementation of a local sourcing strategy
* Managing policies, agreements, special purchasing programs; and supporting specific Product line(s) NPI programs
* Provide leadership for cost reduction, sourcing, logistics and resource management.
* Lead continuous improvement initiatives and new product introduction activities within Purchasing
* Liaison with corresponding Category buyers.
* Degree educated or equivalent experience within a Purchasing role.
* Previous experience in managing a supplier base.
* Ability to lead teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions
* Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills
* Effective communicator in written and oral form
* Well-developed interpersonal skills
* Previous experience of managing global suppliers.
* Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.