Sitec has a requirement for a Buyer working for our client based in Rosyth. This is a contract role, initially for 6 months but expected to be ongoing.
The max rate of pay is up to £15.85 p/hr PAYE
Reporting to the Team Leader, the main leads of this function are: -
" Promote and maintain a culture of openness, honesty, commitment and continuous improvement.
" Actively support the company's Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality, ABC and other policies and procedures.
" Actively seek to anticipate and mitigate problems/difficulties.
" To establish and maintain a good working relationship with Suppliers and where necessary with Customers, such that they would wish to receive and place future business with LGE Process.
" Perform all tasks involved in the formation and administration of Purchase Orders, Purchase in accordance with the Company Quality Procedures..
" Communication with Suppliers, Contractors and Personnel within LGE Process and when necessary within the organisation to establish a clear definition of requirements and to ensure performance to agreed contract terms.
" With the assistance of Central, form and issue purchase orders/contracts by performing the following: -
- List of Bidders
- Issue request for quotation and where necessary any pre-qualification requirements
- Receive bids and co-ordinate questions from bidders
- Evaluate bids commercially, and issue bids to the appropriate personnel for their technical evaluation
- Prepare bid summary
- Participate in selection procedures with appropriate technical and project assistance
- With guidance from Team Lead carry out commercial negotiation on the preferred bidder, where possible agree package deal if this supplier can be used on multiple projects.
- Prepare purchase orders
- Administer all Purchase commitments by performing the following functions: -
- Update the Shipping & Expediting registers with the status of each open purchase order.
- Electronically file all outgoing and incoming correspondence on each assigned order/contract
- Monitor supplier's performance for conformance to commercial terms
- Monitor activities by Engineering and Projects Department to ensure compliance with the purchase order.
- Initiate follow-up actions with the supplier or in-house project group to ensure performance in accordance with contract terms and conditions
- Prepare monthly report for Team Leader on the performance of each of your suppliers.
- Participate with Engineering and supplier representatives in discussions held to clarify contract/order documents and/or specification requirements. Identities, defines, and secures agreement regarding potential changes
- Initiate and process revisions/amendments that establish scope and effects on cost and schedule of agreed-upon changes
- Process back charges
- Review, acts on, and/or recommend specific action involving contract termination's, claims and disputes, all in accordance with delegated authority
- Conduct closeout review of the order/contract documents.
" Communicate with suppliers as necessary to achieve required service and results from potential and actual suppliers to meet project needs.
" Keep Tendering department informed of changes to price agreements, changes to lead times and new suppliers to be considered
" Prepare and organise assigned Procurement sponsored meetings, such as bid clarification and post award meetings, for the purpose of ensuring complete understanding and agreement between LGE Process, the Client (as relevant) and supplier on all contractual matters. After reviewing plan and agenda with Team lead, conducts meeting and prepares and issues meeting minutes delineating important statements, required actions and schedules.
" Assist project Procurement team when instructed in solving and attending to administrative problems on commitments involving high monetary expenditure or risk, engineered technical specifications or supplementary commercial conditions.
" Perform regular risk reviews with assigned suppliers ensuring the necessary quality documentation is valid.
" Check / approve supplier invoices in a timely manner.
" Carry out regular expediting by phone, email and visits
" Ensure the documentation relating to each purchase order is received on time and approved in the correct timescales.
" Manage new suppliers through the detailed supplier approval process for submission to Procurement Manager for review.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.