Sitec has exciting opportunities for a Buyer for our client Caterpillar, at their facility in Peterlee. This is a contract role, for an estimated 12 months initially.
The Buyer will provide purchasing support to the on-site Purchasing team, using Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development. This is classed as an entry level to a Buyer role.
* Responsible and accountable for the execution of Purchase orders, communicating with internal customers within the organisation and external suppliers.
* Primarily, the role will be a supporting one, with Site Buyers requiring assistance in administration of PO's, debit notes, quotations etc.
* The incumbent will also develop knowledge of the product, NPI, Manufacturing, Supply Chain teams
* Customers - The role will encompass managing suppliers delivering into Peterlee Manufacturing site and Caterpillar Logistics Peterlee. Customers include contacts at all organization levels within the business.
* Collaborate with Supplier Development Engineers, to ensure continuous improvement in QCLDM with key suppliers.
* Build and foster mutually beneficial supplier relationships at all organizational levels.
Travel: The position may require infrequent travel.
* The position requires an appropriate level of experience within a Purchasing/Logistics function in order to establish and manage relationships with numerous direct suppliers.
* Demonstrated experience of working closely with Suppliers is essential.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills are required in dealing with sensitive issues, and reaching consensus on specific actions related to piece part procurement
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.