Sitec has a requirement for a Business Support Planning Specialist for our client based in Clyde, Helensburgh.
This is a contract position, for an estimated 12 months.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Our client are looking for experienced planning resource to assist in developing and implementing a Design Authority (DA) Integrated Plan which not only recognises the key requirements for the DA but recognise the impact on resource the DIO Capital Work projects.
The Business Support Planning Specialist will coordinate the DA (MoD Approving Authority (AA), MoD Technical Authority (TA) and Safety Justification Group (SJG)) manpower required to support an integrated DA Task Plan which includes FNI CAP inputs/outputs in accordance with the requirements of the HMNB Clyde suite of Nuclear Site Safety Justification (NSSJ) documents.
KEY RESULTS AREAS / DELIVERABLES
- To support the development and maintenance of the extant suite of Nuclear Site Safety Justification documents (Facility Safety Cases, Facility Safety Reports, Operational & Management Safety Reports, Design Safety Reports, Technical Reports) and supporting documentation (Safety Justification Plans, Live Files, Statements of Requirements and Facility Life Plans) to ensure compliance with AC 14, AC20 and Base Standards (ACMDs).
- Assist in the development of a system to monitor the SJG, AA and TA tasks, programmes and deliverables. To monitor progress against set objectives as set by stakeholders (MoD Service Receiver, BM Management, etc.) and regularly report to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide mentoring/coaching support to the Business Support team in Resource Management
- To assist the Design Department's Business Support in the maintenance of the departmental project management plan, risk register and Work/Resource Breakdown Profiles plus monitoring of departmental performance against milestones and apply earned value techniques to allow reports to be produced for stakeholder review, such as; DSJG Metrics and KPI performance
- Process development and improvements -
- Identify planning improvement initiatives and projects.
- Use the company standard continuous improvement tools such as Six Sigma to drive the implementations of identified improvements.
- As part of an integrated DA Plan recognising key FNI CAP Interfaces
- Identify Resource Loadings
- Resource smoothing
- Work de-confliction and prioritisation between normal business and support to FNI CAP
- Attend Planning/Resource related meetings
- Development and production of SJG/AA/TA Integrated Design Authority Project Plan containing over 1200 NSI related tasks.
- Planning (resource allocation and time reconciliation) for 30 SJG Engineers and over 80 MoD AA and TA Engineers
- Development and production of Monthly reports on Design Metrics, KPIs and Resource Profiles and Quarterly Risk Reports
There is no direct line management responsibility.
Please note, our client are looking for someone to start immediately.
Successful applicants must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.