Sitec has a requirement for a Business Improvement Manager to work for our client within the aerospace industry. This is a contract position for an esimated 6 months and will be based in Portsmouth. The max rate of pay will be up to £50.00 p/hr LTD Company.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The Business Improvement Manager will be part of TOE, the Programme, Performance & Improvement Team which is driving improvement across our clients business, boosting challenging programs and supporting Programme Management and operational excellence.
If a trust-based, self-organized, empowered team rings a bell to you; if you are keen on being part of the decision regarding your team environment, and ways of working; if you are at ease with managing multiple projects, exploring new ways of working; then, the PPI team is made for you!
We offer a challenging job with a good team spirit. The team is located in Germany, France, UK and Spain.
The competences required for this position are mainly focused on Lean/improvement in project management and product development implementation (incl. strong focus on Lean Product Development). Indeed you will manage end-to-end improvement projects along the complete value stream together with the programme lines.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Shape the end-to-end improvement projects together with our clients internal customers: Engineering, Industrialisation, Programmes, Quality, Supply, Finance, HR.
* Define together the objectives (Voice of Customer), measure the existing issues, analyse the root cause, build the improvement, the associated business case and its practical application.
* On the projects of your portfolio: implement the improvements (hands-on) by diagnosis, moderation and coaching of relevant methodologies (Lean, project management, etc...) depending on the needs.
* Facilitate and coach Lean Product Development methodologies. This requires solid knowledge of system engineering and Concurrent Engineering. Candidates with AGILE methodologies experience will be particularly appreciated.
* Train the managers and employees to spread lean competence & mind-set.
* Challenge the company towards excellence via benchmarks, state of the art methodologies and a lot of common sense.
* Candidates certified Green/Black Belt or equivalent will be particularly appreciated.
* Solid experience in AGILE / transversal improvement. Highly conversant with in agile methodology
* Solid experience in system engineering and project management
* Analytical skills combined with result-orientation
* Green/Black Belt is desirable
* International experience
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
Some travel required within Europe
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.