Sitec has a requirement for a Business Development Manager for our client - Caterpillar. This is a permanent position, and will be based in Peterborough.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE/ DETAILS:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Salary Range: £64,000- £76,000
Sponsorship: Not Supported with this role
Benefits: 25 Days Annual leave plus bank holiday's ; 31% Bonus ; £7380 Annual Cash Car Allowance ; Pension Scheme ; Share Scheme ; CAT Advantage
*Relocation Support maybe offered depending on circumstances
Caterpillar's Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD) has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager. In this role you will be accountable for all commercial and technical aspects of the inter-company transfers from IPSD's 0.5-7.1 litre engines to our Caterpillar Machine Group (CMG) business partners.
In addition to providing leadership to ensure the success of in-flight 'engine into machine' programs, you will also be responsible for developing strategies that create business growth for Caterpillar. This will include maximising the value of vertical integration with CMGs, ensuring that IPSD develop products which support future CMG growth and the winning of new business.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Managing a team accountable for inter-company transfers and technical installation/development of 0.5-7.1 litre engines used in Caterpillar machinery.
* Maintaining existing and developing new technical procedures to ensure engine installations meet stringent in-machine sign-off requirements. This is necessary to guarantee a positive ownership experience for our end customers.
* Sponsoring 6 Sigma projects and allocating resources to those projects to drive business improvements and efficiency.
* Championing the goal to maintain a market based competitive offering and lead initiatives from our CMG customers into the IPSD product groups that are intended to support growth through enhancing the products and services offered.
* Executing the IPSD vision to become the engine provider of choice for the enterprise by creating strategies that continue to grow the Share of Wallet within the enterprise portfolio.
* Leading improvements in operational performance that support Caterpillar's machine businesses to meet the People, Quality, Velocity and Cost goals. Collaborating within our division to create regular business round tables reviews with senior leaders (General Managers and Vice Presidents) from other divisions.
* Building close working relationships across the enterprise to ensure the development and execution of strategies that generate highly profitable contributions to the enterprise.
* Monitoring and executing NPI deliverables, ensuring correct application and production sign off are completed on time.
* Developing annual pricing and planning assumptions ensuring that the execution of the annual pricing process is defect free. Building up a complete business profile from the annual planning process to demonstrate the impact from the economic environment.
* Leading the monthly S&OP input from CMGs into IPSD and providing intelligence relating to changes in demand to each of IPSD's manufacturing facilities.
* Working in close collaboration with the CMG Product Support Team to provide a seamless hand-off between NPI and 'current product'.
* A technical or business management related college degree or equivalent experience
* Substantial team leadership experience, preferably gained at least in part in a 6 Sigma and/or program management based environment
* A working knowledge of a structured product development process, ideally Caterpillar's New Product Introduction (NPI) process
* Evidence of progressively responsible job-related experience and a good understanding of either an engine or machine business
* Good management, motivational and problem solving skills along with a demonstrated history of building good relationships across multiple groups
* Team supervisory experience, preferably with a measurable track record of building a highly engaged and productive team
* Working knowledge of engine and engine systems, particularly recent developments in off-highway diesel engine emissions control systems and electronically controlled engines
* Knowledge of IPSD's engine competitors and/or Caterpillar's machine competitors
* Sales, marketing and commercial experience, particularly relating to winning new business and creating a long term business partnership
Closing date: the close date for this role is Jan 28th 2019
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.