Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Business Analyst (Digitisation) for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is for an estimated 6 month contract and is paying competitively on a hourly basis
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Dual nationals may be considered for certain roles.
Overall Job Purpose
The Business Analyst (BA) is a role that bridges the gap between the business and IS. The Business Analyst ensures that the needs of the business are paramount and during the analysis of business problems, the total solution is considered. This solution may, and often should, include information systems (IS) but of equal importance are the other elements - the business processes, the information and the jobs / people who do the work (the organisation). It is a key role that supports IS, and specifically the BRMs, in moving the IS organisation from a commodity / order taker to a strategic business partner.
Summary of Key Accountabilities
* Ensuring the business requirements are defined and addressed.
* Identifying and evaluating relevant solutions to business problems.
* Work with the BRMs to assure the realisation of business benefits.
* Maintain good knowledge of IS Governance & IS processes; specifically the front end & delivery processes
* Maintain good overall understanding of client Business and Business Strategy and if appropriate specific areas of the business
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
* Support the Business in defining the future operating model, the organisational structure and Level 2 process mapping.
* Provide scoping services to help clarify business problems, objectives and potential solutions by using appropriate business analysis techniques including: Data Analysis, Process Analysis, Business Case Assessments, and Root Cause Analysis etc.
* Elicit and validate requirements through the effective use of requirements gathering workshops and resolve any complex requirement conflicts through effective stakeholder engagement.
* Work closely with IS Architects to identify and evaluate potential solutions, and also to validate the recommended solution address the business requirements.
* If appropriate identify and document project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies and undertake impact analysis.
* Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management.
* Oracle ERP Financials, Supply Chain, Planning and Primavera
* Basic Financial module understanding
* Strategic Perspective
* Conceptual thinking
* Business Analysis Techniques
* Domain Knowledge (Both IS and Business)
* Good Communication (Written and Verbal)
* Stakeholder / Business focus
* IS Project Management
* IS Architecture (Information, Application, Infrastructure)
* System Design / Delivery Methodologies
* Business Acceptance Testing
Qualifications and / or Professional Memberships
* Membership of iibauk (International Institute of Business Analysts) - Desirable
* Business activity modelling (Context Diagrams / mind maps / rich pictures)
* Business Acceptance Testing
* Data analysis
* Gap Analysis
* Requirements definition and management
* Stakeholder Analysis / Business Perspective Analysis
* System design
* User experience analysis
Personal / Interpersonal:
* (Facilitation, Interviewing, Written Communication, Presentation)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.