Sitec are looking to recruit a Building Services Associate (Electrical or Mechanical) for our client who are an leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of c£2.6 billion and which operates through six divisions of Construction & Infrastructure, Fit Out, Property Services, Partnership Housing, Urban Regeneration and Investments. The role is permanent and based at our clients Heathrow and Gatwick offices, London and is paying competitively up to £60,000 - £70,000 per annum.
Our client requires an experienced, enthusiastic and creative Associate with a strong technical background and proven track record of exceptional delivery to work on a variety of building services projects.
You will interact with various internal and external clients and take responsibility for the delivery of your own and your teams' projects within time, quality and budget constraints. You will also work closely with clients to develop and nurture relationships that result in repeat business.
Working closely with the Associate Director, as a key member of the Electrical (Building) Services design team, you will play an integral role in the development of an industry leading team.
* Leading the engineering team
* Resource planning and management
* Financial performance of the team and fee
* Supporting project and work winning bids
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
To undertake the direct management of engineering services design and consultancy work on behalf of our client and develop new business opportunities.
To undertake the planning and management of staff in the production of calculations, production of drawings, specifications and reports, site surveys, construction stage duties, client liaison, liaison with members of design / construction teams, project management, costing and any other relevant duty required to comply with the project brief.
To undertake business development by:
* Relationship management of clients within frameworks and commissions
* Development of new clients or opportunities for the company
* Making positive contribution on how image and efficiency of the company can be improved
* Acting as an ambassador for the company and promoting a professional company image by ensuring a high standard of personal presentation and professionalism at all times
To undertake Operational and Managerial responsibility by:
* Ensuring an understanding of project briefs by the team
* Ensuring quality performance of the discipline
* Working to time allocations
* Office / Project profitability
* Ensuring support services are made available
* Promoting co-operation with members of other teams
* Reviewing progress plus managing any anomalies and scope of duty revisions
* Updating forward plan of workload regularly
Qualifications and Training
* You will be a Chartered Engineer, degree qualified in Building Services or similar
* A member of a Professional Institute such as CIBSE or IET, Fellow would be advantageous
* MSc in an appropriate field (desired but not essential)
* Registered as a low carbon consultant would be advantageous
Technical Skills and Experience
To undertake an appropriate level of technical / quality management responsibility and control by:
* Using up to date IT, technical methodology and information sources
* Regularly reviewing computations, information and content of projects (Project Reviews)
* Ensuring all work is completed under the company quality assurance procedures
* Resolving any problems / difficulties during project progression
* Maintenance / updating of relevant literature / information sources / contracts
* Contributing to development of working practices to improve team efficiency particularly with reference to the use of IT
* To support and promote use of BIM on relevant projects and undertake the necessary CPD to ensure clear understanding of process
* A comprehensive, current knowledge base of all Electrical Building and infrastructure services
* Proven track record of exceptional project delivery and client satisfaction
* Experience of major projects within a variety of business sectors typically:
* Fully familiar with codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
* Exceptional communication skills
* Ability to engage and co-ordinate with clients, Architects and all other stakeholders and members of the Design Team
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.