Sitec are looking to recruit a BIM Technician for our client who are a leading UK construction and regeneration company. The role is an estimated 6 month contract and is based on a Nuclear site near Reading. The hours are 40 per week and paying competitively up to £27.25 per hour on a Ltd or Umbrella basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment.
* Experience of major projects within a variety of business sectors (typically Industrial Process, Manufacturing, Power Generation, Aviation, Education, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Residential, Commercial).
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to liaise and co-ordinate with all other members of the BIM team.
* Experience in using other software packages desirable, such as: AutoCAD MEP, CADDuct / FabMEP, Solibri, Vico etc.
* Full UK driving licence (any penalties / convictions declared).
* UK National.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Provide coordinated modelling of mechanical, electrical and plumbing services / civil & structural /architectural.
The role is to:
* Working within the requirements of the project BIM execution plan and company procedures.
* Produce 2D layouts/sections/schematics, using AutoCAD.
* Produce 3D BIM models, generating 2D/3D/layouts/sections/schematics, to include information modelling to the requirement of the project, using Revit software.
* Clash detection, using Navisworks.
* Communicating with the internal/external project team. Travel may be necessary according to the project requirements.
* Liaise with the project BIM Co-ordinator for project requirements.
* Produce Revit families where required, to the required level of detail/information.
Qualifications and Training
* Ideally educated to ONC level or above, although primarily looking for experience.
* Certification in use of Revit MEP, by Autodesk approved trainer.
* A comprehensive knowledge of 3D services co-ordination.
* Knowledge of BS1192, PAS 1192-2,3,4,5
Technical Skills and Experience
* Production of CAD models and drawings as instructed by BIM coordinator.
* Support upkeep of facility "Under Configuration Control" drawings.
* Liaise with customer to confirm requirements.
* Compliance with company drawing standards.
* Understanding of CAD Services procedures and processes.
* Ensure the department's methodologies, procedures and standards are adhered to.
* Understanding of drawing configuration.
* Adequate exploration of appropriate and most efficient technical solutions to meet client requirements.
* Ensure robust application of estimating methodology with regard to SLI.
* Comply with company Health and Safety and Safe Systems of Work regulations.
* Comply with company Security regulations.
* Provide BIM models and drawings to support the Built Environment.
* Identify opportunities and recommendations for increasing workflow efficiencies
* Self-check completed drawings and drawings produced by contractors and/or colleagues for accuracy and compliance to standards.
* Production of project and proposal drawings as directed by project engineers.
* Ensure task documentation is maintained.
* Attend project and change control meetings.
* Manage own professional development to maintain and develop personal knowledge base, through continuing professional development.
* Ensuring service level indicators are implemented within the team and monitored thoroughly and SLI profit is maximised
* To analyse the potential changes (change management) required and its impact on existing development, business and department.
* To take ownership of agreed personal project objectives, timelines and deadlines.
* Other duties as directed by BIM coordinator
* Experience and understanding of Common Data Environment (CDE)
* Experience of producing BIM Level 2 Models & families
* Experience of manipulating Laser Scanned Point cloud data
* Ability to use engineering knowledge and understanding to review and select techniques, procedures and methods to undertake tasks.
* Experience in using Revit MEP on real projects (examples of work required at interview, in native .rvt file format).
* Proven and demonstrable track record of exceptional project delivery and client satisfaction in both technical and commercial aspects.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.