Sitec are currently looking to recruit an Azure Implementation Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is an estimated 6 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Our client are currently in the process of modernising its Business Network environment so that it can make better use of cloud computing capabilities. This is mainly focussed on Microsoft Office 365 and Azure but also includes a number of SaaS products. The Business Network strategy includes Cloud First and Mobile First as approaches with the intention of updating existing Line of Business applications to cloud equivalents over the next 3 years. The most likely scenario being a hybrid-Azure with a mix of SaaS, IaaS, PaaS plus on-premise hosting for any system that cannot be migrated to the cloud.
The Azure Implementation Engineer will assist existing Cloud Architects in implementing Azure Services from design documentation and test plans. Azure deployments can be either manually implemented from the Azure Portal, from ARM templates or from VSTS. The creation of some Azure low-level design work will be expected and a close working relationship with the client and 3rd party application developers will be essential to help them deploy application code and services into Azure.
* The Azure Implementation Engineer will report to the IS Modernisation Programme Architect
* The Azure Implementation Engineer will liaise extensively with other project architects within the Modernisation Programme.
* The Azure Implementation Engineer will also liaise with the IT/Infrastructure Operations teams
* The Azure Implementation Engineer will also liaise with the Application Support team
* The Azure Implementation Engineer will also liaise with external vendor support teams.
* The Azure Implementation Engineer will also liaise with internal stakeholders providing support and guidance for new projects.
Main Role & Responsibilities
* Implement Azure Cloud Services based on the client's Azure design patterns and new development concepts and projects.
* Work with Cloud Architects to ensure accurate configuration and integration of Azure Services
* Create low level documentation around the setup and configuration of those Azure services
* Implementation of Azure testing environments for newly released Microsoft cloud services and future upgrades to existing Azure services
* Participate in non-functional testing, particularly around business resiliency
* Engage with Microsoft around solving business and technical problems in the Azure ecosystem
* Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
* Professional qualifications / Microsoft Azure Cloud Certifications
* Professional experience implementing Azure Services including PaaS and IaaS
* Hands on experience creating and executing ARM templates
* Deep Technical understanding of Azure AD, SaaS integration through Enterprise Applications including Conditional Access controls
* Hands on experience integrating Active Directory with Azure AD utilising AD Connect
* Hands on experience integrating Azure SQL and Web apps securely in Azure
* Hand on experience of integrating mobile and windows 10 clients into Intune and Azure AD
* Understanding of elasticity and scalability concepts
* Good Understanding of Office 365 integration with Azure
* Hands on experience integrating Azure VNets, VPN Gateways and Load Balancers
* Hands on experience integrating Azure SQL, Web apps securely in Azure
* Hands on experience integrating Azure Security Services including NSGs, ASEs, RBAC
* Hands on experience with Azure management and Log Analytics monitoring services
* Hands on experience with Azure Application Monitoring utilising Insight Services
* Hands on experience with OMS, automation, and runbook creation
* Broad project lifecycle experience - especially in cloud enterprise environments
* Expert knowledge of Azure Cloud platform features and capabilities
* Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs, reverse proxies, routing, switching etc.)
* Azure Networking (VNETs, VPN Gateway, Traffic Manager, NSGs)
* Security (firewall configuration, IPS/IDS etc.)
* Understanding of common application approaches and technologies (e.g. SOA, message queuing)
* Understanding of common database technologies (e.g. backup/restoration, replication/mirroring)
* Understanding of common internet technologies (e.g. e-mail, web servers, web services)
* Experience implementing Azure disaster recovery services
* Experienced implementing multi-tiered, load balanced, redundant infrastructure architectures
* Storage technologies (SAN, NAS, RAID configuration, caching etc.)
* Familiarity with other cloud technologies
* ARM Templates and Windows PowerShell
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.