Sitec has an interesting opportunity for a skilled Manufacturing Engineer to join our client's ground breaking team.
This is a 6 month contract with a pay rate of £152 per day Ltd and is based in Farnborough.
The High Altitude Pseudo Satellite (HAPS) "Zephyr" is a new, award winning and state-of-the-art solar powered ultra-light weight CFRP Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) for use in both commercial and military. The HAPS Operations team are responsible for the design, build, operation and maintenance of the aircraft throughout its entire lifecycle. They are experiencing phenomenal growth at the moment and, as a result, a number of new roles are being created for Skilled Manufacturing Technicians.
The scope of this role is to manufacture to time, cost and quality the new HAPS Zephyr aircraft and associated Ground Support Equipment to fulfill the HAPS Global Business case.
Your main tasks and responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer will include:
* Avionic equipment assembly, test, installation, wiring and system integration of UAV's platforms
* Maintain build records
* Health and Safety process adherence and reporting
* Self-certification of work completed
* Continuous Improvement of the production system
* Contribution to Problem Solving and corrective action delivery
* Safe handling and protection of very fragile and flexible components
Skills & Experience required of the Manufacturing Engineer
* Academic qualifications in an avionic/electronic engineering discipline and /or time served apprenticeship in avionic/electronic manufacture / installation / test
* Hands-on multi-skilled practical avionic/electronic engineering technician
* Conducting and recording of installation and system integration tests
* Demonstrated experience / knowledge / delivery of avionic test phase
* Demonstrated knowledge of production/maintenance processes to high quality standards
* Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and interpret requirements into finished products
* Demonstrated experience pro-actively solving technical problems
* Experience of hands-on production of avionic hardware and wiring installations
* Ability to work flexibly as part of a team
* Quality conscious working method and organised approach to tasks
* Enjoy using own initiative, working unsupervised and taking responsibility for own task package
* Enjoy providing technical input and advice to design teams and peers on manufacturing procedures, issues and ideas for improvement
The successful candidate may be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.