Sitec are currently looking to recruit an AR&M Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must hold a British Passport and UK residency for the past 10 years or more to qualify.
To provide Availability, Reliability and Maintainability (AR&M) engineering guidance to Project Programmes and participate as required, on behalf of the Engineering Reliability Department (ERD)
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
* To develop and implement AR&M engineering strategy for all Project Programmes, as directed, during their procurement cycle
* Operate as a Technical Specialist (TS) for the Engineering Reliability Department.
* Identification of AR&M target specifications as required for Projects
* Design substantiation of systems providing a safety function
* To provide guidance to Facilities and Projects on the determination and assessment of Safety Integrity Levels (BS EN 61508)
* To provide guidance to Facilities and Projects with respect to compliance with appropriate BS EN Standards; JSPs; Defence Standards and AQAPs
* To ensure that the design intent is for all projects to achieve the required performance of AR&M
* To ensure that SIL and Safety assessments are conducted to the appropriate standard
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in Environment, Safety, Health, Security and Quality
* Consistently demonstrates positive behaviours in relation to environment, safety, health, security and quality in line with the 'Our ESH Culture' framework
* Removes barriers and resistance to progress through listening, engaging with others and taking action
* Encourages others in change situations
* Is proactive and deals effectively with difficult or challenging situations with colleagues or team member
* Understands impact of personal style and encourages feedback from others to develop performance
* Is willing to engage in 'difficult' conversations to ensure the right outcome - does not avoid conflict
* Creates a positive atmosphere where people can excel
* Develops the team through coaching
* Responds positively to the needs of internal and external customers.
* Proactively tackles blocks and barriers to progress
* Holds self and others accountable for behaviour and result
* Actively encourages feedback/challenge from those around them - surfaces risks and concerns before they become problems
* Promotes a positive health and safety culture
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Knowledge of statistical engineering techniques
* Thorough familiarity with AR&M calculations e.g. PFD's, Markov, Chi Square, Weibull etc.
* In-depth knowledge of Reliability requirements for Safety Systems, interlocks etc.
* Able to construct and develop: Reliability Block Diagrams (RBD's); Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA's); Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
* Thorough familiarity in the use of Software simulation packages e.g. RAM4, RAMP, AvSim etc.
* Fully conversant with sources of Failure Rate and Failure Mode data e.g. NPRD, OREDA, FMD etc.
* Understanding of the concepts of enhanced engineering techniques
* Knowledge of Electrical \ Electronic \ Mechanical components and corresponding failure modes
* Able to interpret Schematic drawings, piping and instrumentation schedules
* Familiarity with Common Cause \ Common Mode Failures and methods of calculation
* In-depth understanding the definitions of Maintainability terminology including:
* Mean Time To Repair (MTTR)
* Mean Active Repair Time (MART)
* Mean Active Corrective and Maintainability
* Working knowledge of British \ European Standards
* In depth knowledge of the requirements of BS EN 61508, BS EN 61511 and related PES standards
* Demonstrable experience of Reliability Engineering and Safety or gained within Nuclear, Defence, Rail, Power or Petrochemical industries
* Experience of working in a regulated environment together with development, use and application of standards to design for high hazard facilities
* Degree/HND in a relevant Engineering discipline
* Chartered or with the aptitude, commitment and development plan to achieve chartered status
* Member of an appropriate Institute/Institution
* Willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role
* Willing and able to work in designated areas including high hazard facilities
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.