Sitec has an opportunity for 2 persons with some AutoCAD experience coupled with marine or ships experience, for an AutoCAD Design Support role in the client's offices based in Devonport Plymouth. This is an opportunity to further your AutoCAD skills in an engineering office. This is a contract role with an estimated duration of 8 months. The successful candidate will need a background that will allow UK Security Clearance to be obtained.
To undertake drawing and administration tasks as allocated by the Technical Lead.
Major Tasks and Activities:
* Updating of submarine Datum Pack drawing packs using AutoCAD.
* The preparation and production of AutoCAD drawings (within level of competence).
* Assist in the preparation and QA of documents produced within the section.
* Take minutes at meetings as required and produce relevant documentation
* Provide assistance (within level of competence) to section members.
* To act as section representative and point of contact for receipt, recording and filing of all technical information held within the section.
Key Technical Skills / competencies:
* Good Computer Aided Design (CAD) skills (specific training will be provided).
* Good Microsoft skills (Word, Excel etc.)
* Some general knowledge relating to the Marine Engineering
Key Behavioural competencies:
* Good communication skills , both written and verbal
* Good work ethic to ensure allotted tasks are delivered to time and quality
* Good Team Player who can develop an effective working relationships
* Good knowledge of the Design process particularly relating to Drawing Production and related technical information
* Good understanding of Ship Building and/or Naval Practices.
* Experience of Naval Vessels and/or Marine Engineering environment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.