Sitec are recruiting an ATEX Engineer (a Subject Matter Expert) to work on-site for our client in South Bristol.This is an advisory role and on a contract basis with an estimated duration of 6 months. Candidates will need a background that will allow security clearance to be obtained prior to starting the role. Hourly rates are negotiable dependant on experience.
The Dreadnought Programme
The Dreadnought programme, will deliver a new generation of submarines to carry the UK's nuclear deterrent. It is the largest programme in Defence with a budget of £34 billion confirmed in the Strategic Defence and Security Review.
The Dreadnought project has the requirement to comply with the ATEX Directive. This is a new endeavour for the business and as such the project requires a detailed knowledge of the subject in order to ensure a compliant design is delivered to the customer.
Role description / task
The project has the requirement to comply with the ATEX Directive. This is a new requirement for the business and as such a subject matter expert is required. The candidate shall proactively and autonomously own the following tasks:
* Facilitate population of technical file
* Facilitate generation of Ignition Hazard Assessment
* Ensure clause by clause compliance is stated against ATEX Directive and compliant design is delivered to the customer
* Advise Design Engineers on any queries regarding ATEX
* Generate technical queries to customer where required
* Identify any testing required
* Identify and quantify any risks surrounding the design and its compliance
* Act as the Subject Matter Expert for the business
* Populate practical guidance and design rules documents
* Provide general guidance and training to design teams
Required Experience /Qualification /Attributes
* Experience carrying out detailed design of electrical and non-electrical equipment within ATEX/ Hazardous areas essential
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of ATEX standards applicable to electrical and non-electrical equipment
* Experience demonstrating ATEX compliance for electrical and non-electrical systems Desirable Experience
* Previous experience Systems Engineering experience preferable
* Previous experience in requirements engineering preferable
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.