Sitec have an interesting requirement for an Assistant Project manager: Mechanical, Building Services.
This is a Contract requirement in Chatham, Kent. The estimated duration is initially 3 months and then reviewed.
- It is essential that applicants must hold a full U.K driving Licence (will be expected to drive between sites in Medway) and also have a background that will enable Security Clearance to be obtained.
- The rates are £250 -£300 per day depending on experience
To provide project, technical, financial, and administrative support to the Infrastructure Project Management team, focusing on mechanical systems project delivery.
* Provision of a range of technical support activities to mechanical systems projects across the Estate, including planning, resource allocation, and budget management
* Identification, development and implementation of technical mechanical projects, supporting the company's contract obligations for asset management, and ensuring legal and regulatory compliance
* Preparation of supporting documentation for projects from feasibility assessments to post completion stages, such as business cases and cost / spend analysis
* Project impact assessment, surveys and options appraisal of mechanical systems projects, including SWOT analysis and summary reporting to management team
* Co-ordination of mechanical system projects with annual asset management and maintenance management planning, including planned preventative maintenance plans
* Attendance at site project meetings, ensuring accurate recording of minutes and actions agreed
* Management of project financial processes and procedures including invoicing and purchase orders, liaison with credit control and monitoring of payments and transactions with contractors consultants and third parties
* Support to and co-ordination of project procurement processes, including supplier selection and evaluation of tenders
* Preparation and production of project contract documentation, coordinating with other teams and departments across the company as required, under the supervision of the Project Manager
* Co-ordination, supervision, and monitoring of contractor support to on-going mechanical systems projects, as well as consultant and third party inputs, including spot checks, and contract performance monitoring, ensuring company requirements for consistently high standards of quality and value are delivered
* Ensure all project management activities are compliant with all relevant health and safety regulations and industry good practice
* Attendance and completion of company training and development courses as required
* Commitment to keep up to date with professional development (CPD) in industry developments in technical disciplines relevant to role
* Ensure company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
* City & Guilds Mechanical Engineering (minimum level 2)
* Construction project management qualification, such as CIBSE, IMechE, RICS, CIOB accredited, or similar comparable qualification related to professional management in the built environment
* Minimum three years' experience in project management related environment
* Strong technical knowledge of building services engineering, with a mechanical systems bias
* Membership of relevant industry body such as RICS, CIOB, or APM
* Computer literate in a range of Microsoft Office packages, including Word, Excel, Visio, and Project
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Construction Design & Management (CDM) Regulations 2015 and any further amendments
* Experience in the application of project management practical techniques to enable monitoring and control of multiple programmes and projects
* Evidence of successful delivery of building services and construction related projects
* Experience in producing and evaluating Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS)
* Knowledge of Joint Services Publication (JSP) Documents
* Hold a current CSCS card
* Proven track record of working within a busy customer focused organisation
* Qualified IOSH Managing Safely
* Experience of working in a team to deliver successful projects on time and to budget.
* Excellent communication skills both written and oral, and awareness of appropriate use of social media in the workplace
* Ability to assimilate analyse and present multiple complex data sets, and produce succinct reporting documents
* Flexible approach to working outside normal working hours and taking part in the On-Call rota where required
* Confidence and interpersonal skills to engage at all levels
* Excellent customer service skills
* Experience of handling conflict and managing sensitive issues
* Customer focused with the ability to build positive working relationships
* Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations, ability to work under pressure
* Organised with a natural inclination for planning
* Problem solving and root cause identification skills
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.