Sitec has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Engineers for our client Perkins Engines in Peterborough. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months.
The Associate Engineer will be involved in varying day to day operations support to VPT Engineers. This will be very much an office based role.
* APQP - Delegated authority of correct APQP reporting. Working alongside component owner, where delegated, autonomously ensure APQP tool reflects current status of Component. Ensure part number changes are made in tool alongside BoM, facilitate CPPD meetings to ensure progress in APQP, attach relevant documentation, facilitate team feasibility reviews.
* FMEA - Facilitate updates into FMEA tool working alongside engineer, manage myNPI issues through FMEA tool, work with Engineer to ensure DVP reflects actual activity. Manage NORF's into FMEA (replication of existing DVP)
* Logistical services - move parts around site as required, parts return to supplier, parts for customer rework, TMR's as directed.
* EDR - Undertake updates including GEC process, productionisation
* Simple development tasks/requests - Depending on skillset of individual and requirements at time undertake simple development tasks such as CTAES tests, mat lab requests, short reports.
Skillset & Experience
* Excellent organisation skills.
* Ability to work alongside professionals in a collaborative manner - good teamwork skills.
* Ability to organise output of tasks in an orderly filing/sharing system.
* Good MS Office skills
* Awareness or interest in Technical or Engineering subjects
Optional/Nice to have
* Awareness, interest or knowledge in Engineering principles
* Awareness, interest or knowledge of Engine systems.
* Degree educated ideally
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.